If any of you are playing the credit card “Balance Transfer Game” right now (where you move credit card balances to new cards at 0% to save on interest and pay them down faster), here’s a couple of good cards that may help you.
Whatever you do though, be sure to read ALLLL the fine print and play by the rules!! You don’t wanna get dinged left and right just ‘cuz you weren’t paying attention ;) If you do it all the right way though, you can literally save hundreds of dollars in interest with these things… esp if you can pay them off in time before the 0% time limits end.
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.
- Extra Cash from Citi: enjoy discounts on gift cards, travel, merchandise and more
- Citi® Identity Theft Solutions
- Secure, free online account management
- No annual fee*
- No Balance Transfer Fee!*
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Transfer your higher rate balances during the first 30 days your account is open and you will pay no balance transfer fee!
- After the first 30 days, the fee for future balance transfers is 3% of the amount transferred with a minimum of $5
- Avoid interest on everyday purchases
- Pay down your balance faster
- Zero liability on unauthorized purchases*
- No Annual Fee*
Discover® More Card – 18 Month Promotional Balance Transfer
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, then the variable standard purchase APR of 10.99% – 20.99%*
- 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months, then the variable standard purchase APR of 10.99% – 20.99%*
- 5% Cashback Bonus® in categories that change like gas, restaurants, department stores and more. Limitations apply*
- $0 Fraud Liability plus automatic mobile and email fraud alert options
- Great rewards with no annual fee, no rewards redemption fee, and no additional card fee
I’ve never actually done a transfer myself, but I find the whole thing super fascinating… esp those people who have managed to xfer balances from one card to the next every year soaking up all the perks ’till their balances are all gone! (Though I won’t say I recommend that unless you REALLY know what you’re doing – too many pitfalls w/ that route, and probably not worth it). Have any of you rocked these 0% offers and just killed it?!
PS: For a list of the best credit cards per category (APR, Cash Back, etc), click here.
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.