And i have to tell you, it’s a pretty damn good way to blow through some time :)
While the site itself was kinda all over the place, the actual content was killer! I say this for two reasons:
1) You get to see where YOUR bill came from! It takes a few seconds to enter in all the info on it (denomination, serial #, and series), but once you’re done you get to see where it’s been! and if you’re REALLY lucky, there will be a whole bunch of comments on it.
2) You get to see where others have been. Not as exciting as #1 since that one is your own baby, but still – a great way to kill some time.
Here’s what pulled up for my dollar at www.wheresgeorge.com:
- This bill has travelled 369 Miles in 1 Yr, 30 Days, 23 Hrs, 38 Mins at an average of 0.93 Miles per day! (click here to see the map)
- It is now 369 Miles from its starting location.
- Note from the one other person who had it (or at least went online to track it): “I got it from Michael at St Anne’s Credit Union, N Dartmouth Fair condition.“
- Note i put on it :) “got it from Fuddruckers when i broke a $20. it’s in so-so condition. George looks hot as always though.”
Cool, right? Next time you find one of these bad boys in your pockets, log on and see where yours have been. And who knows, maybe you’ll find mine! (actually, i take that back…that won’t be possible unless you get your hands on my current art project. awww yeahhh)
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.