That’s right, I’m venturing off to find the TOP 100 bargains for a dollar or under!
I was staring at my dollar-a-day cup the other day and got to thinking – what on earth will i do w/ all of those $1 bills? In a perfect world i’d like to stick with my million dollar plan, but I also can’t help but play the “what if” game.
If I could, what would I buy with all those George Washingtons? It got me thinking…there are a LOT of great bargains out there for a dollar or less. We’ve got double cheesburgers, lottery tickets, a whole bunch of things! I started listing them out, and then wondered if I could hit 100…or even better, the TOP 100 bargains out there for $1 or less!
Not to kill the suspense, but unfortunately i didn’t make it yet. But that’s why I have you guys :) I need help! Not all my bargains made the cut (like playing cards and uniball pens), but I did hit the
20 30 mark.
What have I missed? Here are a few places that I look for these sort of deals, maybe they’ll help conjure up a few ideas for ya:
– Target’s $1.00 bins
– Michael’s $1.00 bins
– Dollar Store (the REAL ones, not the cheaters)
– Vending machines
– $1 menus at McDonald’s, Wendy’s, etc. (thx Carrie!)
Okay, so without further ado – let the list begin!
100 BARGAINS FOR $1.00 OR LESS:
- Composition books
- Mini sharpies
- Lottery tickets!
- Double cheeseburgers @ McDonalds
- Dollar Drafts ;)
- Runts – from the 25¢ machines
- Frozen burritos – the 3 for a $1.00 kind
- Glow sticks
- Random bag of woot!
- Fake cigarette candy (remember those?)
- Movie rentals – oldies
- Banana or Apple
- Old records/LP’s – from thrift stores
- Elmer’s glue
- 25¢ wings
- Dasani bottled water
- Mini pumpkins from the pumpkin patch
- Cd’s at yard sales!
- Those 99¢ celebrity mags
- 7-eleven taquitos
- Homeless donation ;) (Carrie)
- 3 for $1 candy bars (Carrie)
- Doughnuts! (L-SpillingBuckets)
- Bulk chocolate peanuts – 98¢ (L-SpillingBuckets)
- ***Tip for an “alternative” dancer (Tom)***
- 25¢ packs of gum! (asgreen)
- “Theater box” of candy. (Monroe on a Budget)
- 2 liter bottle of pop. (Monroe on a Budget)
- ***Box of Little Debbie snack cakes. (Monroe on a Budget)***
- Spiral notebooks
- Packets of seeds
- Travel sized toiletries (tiffanie)
- Bonnebelle makeup – 88¢ (tiffanie)
- Fingernail polish – 88¢ (tiffanie)
I’ll stop here for now as it would look really ridiculous having so many blank lines on here at the present moment ;) haha… i’ll update the list as more come to mind, and as people submit their own bargains! Just holler at j at-symbol budgetsaresexy.com, or drop me a comment.
I’m sexcited … can’t wait to hit 100!!!
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.