If texting were a girl, i’d be in deep trouble ;) There’s no way i’d remain faithful! haha…Seriously, if you ever find yourself bored and/or looking for a CHEAP way to entertain yourself, whip out that cell phone of yours and start texting!
Text old friends, new friends, lost friends, ex’s, co-workers, you name it. If they know you, they’d *hopefully* be glad to hear from you!
That is exactly what i did on the train ride home last night. I felt sick, didn’t have any good reading material, and was outright plain bored. So, as i’ve done many a times in the past, I composed a sexy text message (as shown above) that was sure to get some responses (as shown below), and i sent that bad boy all over the country. It felt great just knowing i pro-actively touched base with them all!
Texting is where it’s at, i’m telling you. The most efficient use of your time!
I sent out a total of 19 initial messages (10 at a time by adding them to the contact list), and probably a good 50 in total! And within minutes i got at least 15 or so back :) Plus, it didn’t cost me a dime as i have a text plan w/ Verizon Wireless that never gets filled anyways. And even if i i didn’t, it would have only cost a few bucks anyways – much cheaper than postage, or my precious time in front of a computer….okay, well that was lie, but you get the point.
And the funniest part? I haven’t talked to some of these fools in 3-4 years! haha…oh man, check out some of these responses i got back:
- “still on my journey” (what journey?)
- “Hi Friend! Right now I’m totally lost and annoyed hahah”
- “J??????????” (i swapped out my real name..almost slipped!)
- “Just started nursing school. Baby just turned 2! Congrats on the wedding!!! Hope all is well!” (wow, didn’t see that coming!)
- “Love ur random texts. Nothing much. Stay at home mommy and watching a lot of silly spongebob! She is almost 2! Wat new with u?” (def. saw that one coming ;) )
- “Obx vacay sat to sat! Come down!”
- “Got a tatoo last week…! How have u been?” (would have NEVER guessed)
- and, my favorite response so far: “Well, i got engaged, moved to houston, found out he was very unfaithful, moved back, did a cross country road rally, started my new career. :) lots! haha” (sad, yes, but what a story! i love it)
It was probably the best 30 minutes i ever spent keeping in touch with old friends. And, it helped pass the time SUPER fast! In fact, i typed so much that my phone literally shut down mid-text ;) Not that i didn’t see it coming, i mean i was sending and receiving so many messages that i swear my fingers were getting hot.
So do with this what you will, but promise me one thing: IF you give this a shot sometime soon, promise to post the hilarious/interesting responses you get back :) I can use all the free entertainment i can.
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|