Yep, I have succumbed to social media and agreed to do a meme today. At first I wasn’t too keen on the idea, but after getting tagged in Facebook, Myspace, and then (to my surprise) the PF world here, I figured why not?
Sure this is a finance blog, but it’s also a “personal” finance one too – so I suppose dishing the dirt on myself kinda sorta fits in here ;) So this one’s for you Kristy @ Master Your Card!
But rather than doing a kosher “here’s 25 things about me”, I figured you’d rather hear 25 “random & odd” things about me. Makes it more interesting, right? And if you could care less (I wouldn’t blame ya) check out my interview over at Studenomics today! My man did a great job – thanks bro :)
Alrighty – Buckle up your seatbelts kids, here we go:
- I eat macaroni & cheese with mustard.
- I’ve moved over 30+ times in my life. (military kid + ants in my pants)
- I often feel the need to give everyone High Fives when i’m drinking.
- I’m addicted to reality tv shows.
- Sometimes I say I like all music except country, but deep down i really DO like country ;)
- I get asked at LEAST once a week if I’m in a band….and everytime i consider lying and saying I am. Actually, once I got mistaken for some lead singer I’ve never heard of, and when asked for my autograph I gave it. no harm in that right?
- Sometimes I think it would be cool to try every single drug out there just once so I know what it’s about…and then other times I wanna punch myself in the face for thinking that.
- My favorite alcoholic drink are Long Island Iced Teas, followed by Bailys on ice.
- I once flew to The Mall of America for the day, and then flew back hours later. Much easier to do when you work for the airlines ;)
- I get really competitive when playing Kickball.
- I have the memory of a goldfish.
- I really hate it when people are mean for the sake of being mean.
- I’ve had my hair dyed blue, green, purple, red, orange, and platinum. And once I even tried growing dreads, which really turned out to look like little worms hanging around.
- i often write like a little kid just to see if it matters.
- I thought doing this list would be quick and easy. It’s not so easy, and I’ve spent 30 mins so far.
- Mrs. Budgetsaresexy and i met at a bar. She asked me where the bathroom was, and I told her. I then asked her to dance and she said no….but my dance moves must have been pretty sweet as she was lured back in ;)
- We have a cat who likes to dig through my spare change jar, and then throw the coins all over our bedroom floor.
- I almost got arrested once while hosting a “hugs and thugs” party in college…turns out answering the door for the police while brandishing a fake gun and a beer in your hand doesn’t go over too well. (the ladies of the house were able to woo over the officer)
- I once went to an audition for American Idol. You know that rocker guy who got through last night? that wasn’t me….
- Sometimes I wonder how i’ve kept this blog going for so long since I usually hate writing.
- I would spend $5.00 for a banana if I had to.
- I can’t stand the word “gnarly” – esp. when used to describe something positive.
- I don’t understand why guys get tongue rings?
- I have the most loving and understanding family in the whole world, which can be somewhat strange considering my father is an ex-Marine.
- If i were ever to win the lottery, I’d randomly mail out crisp $100 bills around town.
And I’m spent….that was alot harder than i thought! I know I’m supposed to forward this along to some other bloggers out there, but instead I urge you just to do it if the mood strikes you :) But be sure to let link back so we can
stalk you check it out! Till next time brothers & sisters…Moneyyyyyy OUT.
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.