Too much? Sorry, feeling a bit feisty today ;) You know how us guys are. Seriously though, Wal-Mart is HUGE!!!! I just got this email forwarded over to me by my father who LOVES sending over this sorta stuff (do you find that yours does the same?) and I thought it was pretty interesting if it’s indeed true. It not be *accurate* but it’s still awesome.
Regardless, companies like Wal-Mart and the like interest me like crazy. The logistics to run such a place is insane! I can barely run myself, and that’s on a good day ;) And to bring in SO MUCH freakin’ money every single day? Whew – that’s one helluva juggernaut. Business-wise I think they’re pretty incredible.
But I’ll still continue to do my shopping at Target (or Tarjay as we like to call it). I think Wal-Mart has some incredible offers & sales going on, but I always prefer to shop in cleanliness & at a place where everyone smiles and actually seems like they WANT to help you. I’d happily pay a few extra dollars to shop in a visually appealing, stress-free, atmosphere any day. $hit, sometimes I run into Target for something simple & end up enjoying myself for an extra 30-40 minutes! But I digress…
- At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
- This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
- Wal–Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
- Wal–Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco +K-Mart combined.
- Wal–Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And many can’t speak English.
- Wal–Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
- Wal–Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
- During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).
- Wal–Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world
- Wal–Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years a go.
- This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal–Mart store. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
- 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal–Mart.
Apparently Wal-Mart can bail out Wall Street! Jeesh. So there you have it, Wal-Mart is almost as big as my hooh-ha. I wonder how long they can keep this title? I bet Google or Apple will catch up to them one day. Soon everything will be digital (even you and me) and we’ll be a pile of walking facebooks & tweeterers blogging our way through society…(what?) I dunno, i’m starting to not make sense again, that’s my cue to go! Later haters.
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.