It’s made a serious comeback my friends, and it’s slicker than it was back in elementary school! It even has its own association now: WAKA (World Adult Kickball Association)! haha…but I digress.
The point is, the $50 or $60 it costs to join a team is SO worth it, and I’m here to show you why. And if kickball isn’t your cup of tea, just plug in soccer or football or softball, or whatever other sport you like. The rules are all different, but the fun remains the same. You can usually find a whole catalog of them at your county’s parks & rec site, or even at the community center. And it’s not just for teens either! Nope, I got my a$$ handed to me on the soccer field a while back from a few gray haired friends…never saw that coming ;) Whether you’re 18, 28, or 58, there’s an adult league out there just waiting for you.
So here we go, 6 Reasons to spend the money on sports this spring:
- You get to play! – When was the last time you kicked around a soccer ball or threw a baseball? Remember how fun it was!
- You get to socialize – One of my all-time favorite things to do :) Talkin’ with old friends and meeting new ones. And if you’re not all that chatty to begin with, don’t worry. A little trash talkin’ will certainly change that right up! haha….
- You get to exercise – I don’t know about you, but the older I get (I’m dangerously nearing 30) the less I work them muscles.
- You get to be outside – Chillin’ with friends at a bar has its perks, but getting out in the sun and breathing that fresh air is amazing.
- You get to go drinking afterwards – See, I told you it had its perks ;) not every organization has this, and it’s never mandatory to go of course, but the option still rocks. All you people in DC know what I’m talking about…cheap drinks and flipcup for all wearing those team shirts!
- It lasts 8-10 weeks long! – More bang for your buck, right? Plus, you’re bound to miss a game here and there due to other spring events popping in, so you have plenty of other games to make.
And all for a $50 spot – not too shabby if you ask me. I’d much rather spend my money out on the field for 8 whole weeks than just 1 night out on the town or at a nice restaurant. Plus, if you do go the kickball route, you get to hit people w/ the ball to strike them out ;) I don’t know about you, but that’s totally worth my dollars any day!
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.