So this year, I thought I’d round up some of my all-time favorites, and then sprinkle in a few new ones to give you the best of the best. I doubt most of you have seen what I brew in the WOO department anyways ;) So if you’re scrounging around this Valentine’s day, be sure to give one of these some thought! Here we go…
The Top 10 Ways to Woo on Budget:
- Set up camp in your living room! This is one of my favorite ideas cuz you get the best of both worlds :) Pop up a tent, gather a few sleeping bags and blankets, and enjoy some peace and quiet in the comfort of your own home. Could probably even do s’mores depending on your stove.
- Replace the Hershey Kiss tag thingies w/ your own words.** Cut up some small paper strips, pick up a bag of Hersheys, and swap out the tags w/ your own creative ones!
- Make her/him a mixed CD! This is a classic all the way from high school my friends ;) And you KNOW chicks love it. You don’t necessarily have to go w/ all romantic songs either – hook it up with those that remind you of each other, or just your favorites.
- Pick up two matching goldfish, and name them after yourselves. Cutest/cheeziest thing I’ve ever written, but def. a fave.
- Put some naughty into your board games. Like Jenga? Try out “lovers” Jenga by writing down some punishments on each of the blocks. That way, EVERY turn is fun!
- Hook your other half up w/ a massage!** And a decent one too, not your 2 min. quicky she’s probably used to ;) (sorry, the Mrs. made me put that…guess she’s trying to tell me something)
- Get all lovey by putting a “Just Married” poster on your car. You’ll have to drive around for a bit to get the effect, but it’s still cute.
- Place Post-It notes all over the place.** As the link suggests, I’ve actually done this one before ;) And it wasn’t even on Valentine’s Day! (Awwwww). That’s the beauty of this one – you can rock it any day. Just jot down some lovely memos and then plop ’em throughout your home. On doors, closets, mirrors, cabinets, tv’s, anywhere.
- Cook dinner WITH each other. Find a good recipe, go shopping together, and spend some good quality time together. Whip out the fancy silverware and never-opened candles if you want! Anyone can PAY for a fancy dinner, but making it yourself is sometimes better.
- And my all-time favorite….the whipped cream birthday suit! A la Varsity Blues (sfw, but barely). I swear, you pull this one off ladies and it’s a done deal.
Whatcha think? Got any better ones to add? We’ll be rocking the “make your own dinner” deal ourselves, and then maybe a dabble of #6 and a I-totally-wish-but-it’ll-never-happen #10 ;) But as long as we spend it together, it doesn’t really matter what we end up doing.
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.