Do you want to guess what these money wasters are before reading? You probably fall for at least half of them, I know I do :) Found these over at Free Money Finance, who found them over at Yahoo, and couldn’t help but chime in here. Y’all know I love this stuff.
Someone’s list of the Top 6 Mindless Money Wasters:
- Convenience Stores – I am a SUCKER for these. I don’t know what it is about 7-Elevens and gas stations, but I cannot go in there and avoid spending money! It’s like they rounded up the best of the goodies and put them all in one spot – Slurpees, beef jerkies, coffees, lottos – LOVE! Very hard to resist (which is why you should avoid ’em like the H1N1 (remember that?)).
- Cell Phone Plans – Got me again! Damn iPhone and its damn convenience ;) But as I’ve mentioned before, the extra $30-$40/mo is totally worth it to me. Don’t wanna cut this out.
- Soft Drinks – Success! I’ve been doing pretty well in this category ever since giving it up for Lent 3 years ago. Only drink it on the weekends, and we get a super-duper pack from the grocery store whenever they go on sale – it lasts months now.
- Unnecessary Bank Fees – Oh hell no. I don’t do bank fees very well…not to say I never mess up, cuz I do!, but just that I have no qualms calling up good ol’ USAA and getting it worked out ;) When you have a decent record you can get away with a bit more.
- Magazines – Hmm….yeah, I probably pay my fair share here. I’m signed up to 5 that cost around $75 a year (Money, Kiplingers, Smart Money, Fortune, and This Old House). Well worth it for the information, and keen on my eyes during daily work commutes.
- Annual Credit Card Fees – Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I don’t see the point in these unless you run some company that saves you a lot more in return (although that Black Card is pretty sexy).
So yeah, nothing too shocking with these money wasters, but it’s always cool to check in and see if there’s room for improvement. Or rather, if you DESIRE to make any improvements I should say ;) How do you guys fare with these?