So we’re off to the beach for a WEEK and I’m elated! Not only because of all the relaxing we’re gonna do though, but also for the chance to get some good ol’ family quality time in. And what’s better, it’ll all be FREE! (*evil laugh*)
Yup, just like many of you out there I surmise, every year us siblings get a nice little break from reality and the chance to mooch off the Bank of Mom & Dad for a week ;) All the food and shelter we can get! Haha…it’s dope. And it also reminded me of this list I’ve been meaning to post up here for a while now on cheap Summer activities.
I had asked my V.I.P. Newsletter peeps to share some of their favorites a while back (cuz I was tired of doing the same things all the time!) and what I got back was incredible. So many things I’ve totally forgotten about over the years! So if you have a goldfish brain like me as well, pay attention young chap :) You might be able to impress your lady w/ some of these…
25 Cheap & Awesome Summer Activities (Esp. #14)
- Bingo Night at the local VFW hall (bring your dollars!)
- Drive Thru In movie theatres
- Geocaching (we’re gonna do this @ the beach :))
- “Free Day” museums, aquariums, etc.
- Ice Cream dates
- Frisbee golfing
- Shooting Range (if you bring your own guns & ammunition)
- Gardening and planting some of your own veggies
- Volunteering with an animal rescue group
- Attending free lectures, local concerts
- Making your own pizzas
- Camping. Naked.
- Hiking (not naked)
- Blogging! (Hah!)
- Intramural sports (like futbol)
- Watching your local minor league baseball team
- Rollerblading (just like 1993, baby!)
- Texas Hold’Em tournament
- Wii tournament
- Trap Shooting
- Football & bbq with friends.
- “P-Ho” (I had to ask for an explanation on this one, but basically it’s a game where you take turns throwing frisbees at these poles with beer bottles on ’em. The more you knock down or hit, the more pts (and street cred) you get ;) )
Some good ideas, right? I haven’t heard the words “rollerblading” or “drive thru theatres” in ages. Nor “Bowhunting” for that matter ;) Although I think there’s a reference to it in Napoleon Dynamite? But in any case, hopefully some of you will be able to participate in a few of these over the Summer and really get out there and enjoy yourselves.
You have any others to add to the list? Perhaps some more references to the 80’s? ;)
(Photo by CarbonNYC)
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.