So we’re off to the beach for a WEEK and I’m elated! Not only because of all the relaxing we’re gonna do though, but also for the chance to get some good ol’ family quality time in. And what’s better, it’ll all be FREE! (*evil laugh*)
Yup, just like many of you out there I surmise, every year us siblings get a nice little break from reality and the chance to mooch off the Bank of Mom & Dad for a week ;) All the food and shelter we can get! Haha…it’s dope. And it also reminded me of this list I’ve been meaning to post up here for a while now on cheap Summer activities.
I had asked my V.I.P. Newsletter peeps to share some of their favorites a while back (cuz I was tired of doing the same things all the time!) and what I got back was incredible. So many things I’ve totally forgotten about over the years! So if you have a goldfish brain like me as well, pay attention young chap :) You might be able to impress your lady w/ some of these…
25 Cheap & Awesome Summer Activities (Esp. #14)
- Bingo Night at the local VFW hall (bring your dollars!)
- Drive Thru In movie theatres
- Geocaching (we’re gonna do this @ the beach :))
- “Free Day” museums, aquariums, etc.
- Ice Cream dates
- Frisbee golfing
- Shooting Range (if you bring your own guns & ammunition)
- Gardening and planting some of your own veggies
- Volunteering with an animal rescue group
- Attending free lectures, local concerts
- Making your own pizzas
- Camping. Naked.
- Hiking (not naked)
- Blogging! (Hah!)
- Intramural sports (like futbol)
- Watching your local minor league baseball team
- Rollerblading (just like 1993, baby!)
- Texas Hold’Em tournament
- Wii tournament
- Trap Shooting
- Football & bbq with friends.
- “P-Ho” (I had to ask for an explanation on this one, but basically it’s a game where you take turns throwing frisbees at these poles with beer bottles on ’em. The more you knock down or hit, the more pts (and street cred) you get ;) )
Some good ideas, right? I haven’t heard the words “rollerblading” or “drive thru theatres” in ages. Nor “Bowhunting” for that matter ;) Although I think there’s a reference to it in Napoleon Dynamite? But in any case, hopefully some of you will be able to participate in a few of these over the Summer and really get out there and enjoy yourselves.
You have any others to add to the list? Perhaps some more references to the 80’s? ;)
(Photo by CarbonNYC)
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and lazy!) way to save. Sign up once and automatically start saving a few dollars every few days... Been hooked since day 1 and have already banked $4,000 myself :) // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|