Were any of you around back in February ’08? When I used to go as “J. Savings” like a big dork?! If you were, you get the fan of the decade award :) Which means you get free electronic beer until I see you in person one day. Or, you can print out a copy of this old school certificate I made years ago too and plaster it on your fridge. I think you’ve earned it by now.
But boy, who knew this would consume my life like it did. My world now revolves around the internet and 98% of my close friends come from Twitter. Pretty unbelievable for someone who actually hates writing! Haha… no joke, it takes me forever to get my thoughts out – and even then I can stare at the screen for hours wondering what the heck I’m blabbering about. But at the end of the day I wouldn’t change it for anything. You guys keep me on my toes and inspire the pants off me! I love y’all more than you can know, and I truly mean that. Obviously I wouldn’t be here without ya :) There’s only so far you can go until you get bored of talking to yourself. So THANK YOU!
Here are some cool overall stats:
- Total posts: 1,102
- Current RSS subscribers: 4,139
- Twitter subscribers: 7,727
- AVERAGE monthly visits: 50,000
- AVERAGE monthly page views: 70,000
- Total EVER page views: 1,605,215 <– Over a million!
- Total EVER visitors: 1,098,884 <– Weeee!
- Top 5 countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and India
The top 5 most popular posts:
- Best Free Budget Templates & Spreadsheets
- Confessions of an Online Poker Player
- The 10 Awesomest Safes I’ve Ever Seen.
- 5 Things to Always Keep in Your Car
- My Millionaire To-Do List (and Club)
- *Extra: The most COMMENTED on post: I just got fired.
- *Extra: The most CONTROVERSIAL post: Guy’s house burns down because he didn’t pay $75!!!
And some pretty cool media mentions too: MSN, Kiplinger, L.A. Times, Family Circle Magazine (hah!), Lifehacker, Consumerist, Scholastic Parent & Child Magazine (double hah!), and more.
Man, what a ride… all from sharing some thoughts on money! Who knew :) It would be interesting to see where I’d be without all of this – I can’t even imagine it. Just ‘cuz I googled “Money Merge Account” – a program my old friend was trying to get me to sign up to (which cost $3,500 and allegedly tells you how to save thousands of dollars over time). Needless to say I didn’t need that to figure it out ;)
But what I DID find was the world of blogs! I landed on The Simple Dollar first, then Get Rich Slowly, and then the one that prompted me to give it a shot myself: My Money Blog. I figured all people like me wanted – and searched for – was 100% genuine opinions on this stuff. I needn’t need the smartest person, or the best writer out there on the subject, I just wanted REAL un-filtered commentary. And that’s what I get every day from all these guys (and some of you too!). I love it. And even more so, I love being a PART of it.
Thank you for welcoming me into your lives every morning. I promise to keep giving it to you straight, and being the best damn opinion sharer I can be. Now time for cake!
(Photo by Will Clayton)