Our good friends at Dell asked if I’d like to review one and then do a giveaway, and as soon as I heard it was built for small business I was all up on it. Especially since I’ve been doing some mad traveling with Love Drop lately, and *needed* something more slick to get me work done (and I even get to keep it – woo!). So after 2 weeks of poking and prodding it all across the country, here’s my 100% un-filtered opinion on this sleek and sassy little computadora.
My very professional review:
- This this looks hot!!! It sounds cliche, but I literally saw heads turning when I whipped it out at the airport. Reminds me of the old school candy apple red Caddy’s you’d see bouncin’ down the streets leaking music ;) Only pumpin’ Pandora, instead.
- The screen is incredible. Crystal clear and high-definition!! (13.3-inch WLED display) It actually didn’t hit me until I went back on my old laptop to check something, and my eyes got all blurry! haha… not used to such clarity. I think it’s anti-glare, too?
- You can skype like a champ! There’s a freakin’ 2.0 Mega pixel webcam embedded in that bad boy, and it works great (used this feature more than any others so far).
- It’s REALLY fast. Of course I don’t have it all loaded up with my Photoshops and other hungry programs as yet, but from the specs of it I’m assuming it’ll handle just fine.
- It’s really portable! A mix between a netbook and a “normal” laptop. Haha.. not sure if there’s a name for that category as yet, but for now just think of it as a mutt ;) A very stylish, and SLEEK mutt. It fits really easily inside a backpack too — only weighs like 3 and 1/2 pounds…
- It’s got MAD memory! 4 Gigs of RAM (at least the one I have, and the one one of you will be getting), and over 250 Gigs of lovely storage potential. Pretty much beats mine by like 800% ;)
- And lastly, it works without being plugged in! Hahaa…. we’ll see how long that lasts.
The stuff that frustrates me:
- It doesn’t come with a CD-Rom! And it took me 35 mins of physically searching for it since I couldn’t find anything online about it (that’s how NEW it is), and just never knew laptops existed without them? Guess it’s where we’re going these days… so I had to pick one up at Amazon for like $15 bucks. Just plugs into your USB ports.
- My track pad randomly stops working. And seems to only occur during the most important times I need it too ;) I haven’t installed it yet, but I saw in the customer reviews that there’s a driver out there that fixes it (the “snyatics driver”). In the meantime, I’ll just keep using my trusty mouse.
- Sometimes the sharp edges poke me. I’m not sure if that’s due to the way I carry it around and personally use it, but either way it can get annoying at times… I guess that’s the price you pay for fashion though ;)
So yeah — that’s the whole shebang. Altogether a pretty hip and fast little laptop. I’m pretty excited at the new change of pace :) For more legit reviews and specs on the V130, check out the Vostro V130 microsite, and then head on over to Dell’s Trade Secrets Facebook tab and talk some bizness. Lots of other (more important) things I probably left out above, haha… what can I say, I’m a fool for good looks!
And now… time for the GIVEAWAY!!!
Keeping in line with the business essence of the Vostro, answer the following question below in the comments and you’ll be entered to win! (gotta be at least 18, and unfortunately have to reside in the U.S. of A.. Sorry my Canadian/Indian/British friends!)
How do you make a lasting first impression at work? Or with your small biz?
Let us know below, and then send some good vibes over to Random.org who’ll be picking the lucky winner next Thursday, March 10th. GOOOOOOOD LUCK everyone!!! And thanks for reading this foolish little blog of mine! ;)
PS: You’ll have to pay taxes on this if you win. Kinda like when Oprah gives out free cars ;)