Here we go again! Another 5 for Friday action up in hurrrrr. This time, your favorite FINANCIAL things. Maybe you’ll learn something today? ;)
1) What’s your favorite credit card?
2) What’s your favorite financial book?
3) What’s your all-time favorite financial company?
4) What’s your favorite financial tool? (could be software, investment vehicles, or anything you consider a “tool” really)
5) And lastly, what’s your favorite coin? ;)
Man, I’m tough!!! Haha… this is already hard and I haven’t even started! Okay, here we go though – my 5 favorite things:
- Credit card – Hmmm… I actually don’t think I have a favorite? My USAA cards work just fine, and I get decent cash back (at least I think I do, I honestly don’t research this as much as I prob. should), but I can’t say it’s like all supreme or anything. I have a feeling you guys might have some good ones up your sleeves!
- Book – This is tricky cuz I have 3 favorites depending on my mood (and who I’m recommending it to). For people who like stories, it’s always The Richest Man in Babylon! Love that book. For those who like numbers and how millionaires REALLY live, of course it’s The Millionaire Next Door. And then lastly, for those who need a good kick in the ass, as well as a game plan with action items, it’s totally I Will Teach You To Be Rich. Which also happens to be one of the FUNNIEST books in the field too! (and comes from a fellow blogger)
- Company – I think y’all know who that is ;) (*ahem* USAA)
- Tool – Can you believe it’s not a budget? Or maybe it’s tied w/ budgeting, I don’t know ;) But it’s the almighty 401(k)!! Freakin’ love that thing. And miss it a lot too! haha… how can you beat 100% matching from your company?? That’s free money baby. You double up just by contributing to it yourself – something that you SHOULD be doing anyways!
- Favorite coin – The nickel! I don’t know why really, I guess I just like the way it looks the best. Have you ever seen a “Hobo nickel?” Crazy!!! Back in the day people carved faces & designs in them – pretty cool stuff. I dream of coming across one in the wild one day :)
Your turn! Whatcha got for us, playas?
(Hobo Nickel by Walk as a Stranger)
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.