Here we go again! Another 5 for Friday action up in hurrrrr. This time, your favorite FINANCIAL things. Maybe you’ll learn something today? ;)
1) What’s your favorite credit card?
2) What’s your favorite financial book?
3) What’s your all-time favorite financial company?
4) What’s your favorite financial tool? (could be software, investment vehicles, or anything you consider a “tool” really)
5) And lastly, what’s your favorite coin? ;)
Man, I’m tough!!! Haha… this is already hard and I haven’t even started! Okay, here we go though – my 5 favorite things:
- Credit card – Hmmm… I actually don’t think I have a favorite? My USAA cards work just fine, and I get decent cash back (at least I think I do, I honestly don’t research this as much as I prob. should), but I can’t say it’s like all supreme or anything. I have a feeling you guys might have some good ones up your sleeves!
- Book – This is tricky cuz I have 3 favorites depending on my mood (and who I’m recommending it to). For people who like stories, it’s always The Richest Man in Babylon! Love that book. For those who like numbers and how millionaires REALLY live, of course it’s The Millionaire Next Door. And then lastly, for those who need a good kick in the ass, as well as a game plan with action items, it’s totally I Will Teach You To Be Rich. Which also happens to be one of the FUNNIEST books in the field too! (and comes from a fellow blogger)
- Company – I think y’all know who that is ;) (*ahem* USAA)
- Tool – Can you believe it’s not a budget? Or maybe it’s tied w/ budgeting, I don’t know ;) But it’s the almighty 401(k)!! Freakin’ love that thing. And miss it a lot too! haha… how can you beat 100% matching from your company?? That’s free money baby. You double up just by contributing to it yourself – something that you SHOULD be doing anyways!
- Favorite coin – The nickel! I don’t know why really, I guess I just like the way it looks the best. Have you ever seen a “Hobo nickel?” Crazy!!! Back in the day people carved faces & designs in them – pretty cool stuff. I dream of coming across one in the wild one day :)
Your turn! Whatcha got for us, playas?
(Hobo Nickel by Walk as a Stranger)
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|