I’m about to catch a flight out from dropping love in Louisiana, so we’re gonna make this short & sweet today :) Last week’s was AWESOME to see how much you guys make, and what you do every day! Did it feel good to get it out? Did it make you wanna work harder to reach what some others were making? Either way it was a blast to read… I feel like I’m getting to know you more and more each week! *tear*
Okay, back to today’s Five… here we go…
- If I gave you $100 in cash, right now, what would you do with it?
- What if I then told you it was stolen?
- What happens if you go over budget? Do you cry?
- Why do we get so excited to talk about money?
- Tell me a joke :) If you don’t have one, tell me something awesome instead.
Yessirrrr, you’re the boss! Haha…
- $100 Cash: I’d probably go to TJ Maxx and buy something nice for myself. Or actually, a FEW somethings! Whenever I get gifts in the form of money or gift cards, I always make sure to spend it on something I normally wouldn’t. Something that I LOVE, but that I can never justify myself out of my own budget. I basically reward myself with it :)
- Stolen $$: I’d be pissed that you gave it to me!! And then curious as to how you ended up with it in the first place? I’d then have to return everything and give the money back cuz I’d think about it every damn time I wore whatever it was I bought! Haha… my conscious could never handle it.
- Over budget: No, I don’t cry but I do get upset with myself if we REALLY overshot (like, by $500+). And then I get embarrassed cuz I have to explain it to the wifey who knows I, out of all people, should know better!! Haha… but luckily this doesn’t happen very often ;) Although one of my F ups did help prompt the start of this blog back in the day! So I can’t really be too upset about that. Sometimes you have to mess up so you don’t do it again.
- Excited about money: Because it’s awesome, baby!!! And behind a computer we can say and do whatever we please with no judging! haha… well, actually there is a lot of judging that goes on, but not much on this blog. Which I love, cuz I really do consider all y’all my online family :) And here, no money question is a stupid question! We all get to say what’s on our minds and help each other out – much better than the “real” world out there unfortunately…
- Joke: A man being mugged by two thugs put up a tremendous fight! Finally, the thugs subdued him and took his wallet. Upon finding only two dollars in the wallet, the surprised thug said “Why did you put up such a fight?” To which the man promptly replied “I was afraid that you would find the $200 hidden in my shoe!”
Your turn! Happy Friday, y’all!
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|