That time of the week again, friends! A new riveting 5 for Friday up in hurrr! ;) I know you’ve been on pins and needles all week long waiting for this, so let’s get right to it. Haha… today it’s all about you and your job secrets. And to keep it as “real” as possible in here, feel free to leave out any details like company names/etc so you don’t get into trouble or anything. I just think it’ll be fun to get a snapshot of all our different situations out there. We’re a diverse bunch! Here we go…
- How long have you been at your current job?
- Are you happy?
- What do you do there? (task-wise, or job title)
- How much do you get paid to do it? (feel free to be anonymous!)
- What’s the craziest thing that’s ever happened there?
- *Extra Credit: A magical genie grants you 1 wish to change jobs – you can choose anything in the world. What would it be? (money is good regardless)
I’ll go first. Cuz you’re still sleeping as I’m writing this ;)
- Length: Officially, almost exactly 6 months! But more like going on 3 years ;)
- Happy? YES! Busy as balls, but incredibly happy to wake up and do this every single day. And I mean – every single day.
- What I do: I blog, tweet, work on projects, brainstorm, build, create, network with tons of other bloggers and financial friends, travel across the country, maintain all my sites, watch marketing, business, and tons of other things ;) I’m the CEO and the janitor and everything else in between.
- Pay: On a good month: $9,000 (gross). On a low one: $3,000. I plan for $5,000.
- Craziest thing: Hmm… at my OLD job it was blowing thousands of dollars in Vegas! But in my new one I’d have to say flying to a new state each month but not knowing where exactly we’re going until 30 days out (Love Drop). It keeps my on my toes, but also very hard to plan things ;)
- *Extra Credit: I’m fortunate enough to be DOING my dream job right now, but if that genie was forcing me to choose another, haha, I’d have to refer back to my top 10 jobs I still wanna try one day. Two of which I apparently did within the last year! Woohoo!! But out of the remaining 8, I’d have to go with Professional Poker Player. A REAL one that goes to live tournaments and plays all over the place – not online. Which is still cool, don’t get me wrong, but if I’m switching fields I don’t wanna be behind a laptop all day long again ;)
Your turn! Dish out the dirt! Excited to see how different all our backgrounds are here. The cool thing about money is that it crosses all barriers. A dollar is worth the same to me, as it is you. What we do with it, or HOW we get it, however, can be completely different. Which is exactly why I like the “personal” part of finance! We’re all unique snowflakes here (awwwwww). Now answer the questions :)
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.