But first (for real this time), an update on last week’s mission :) From me, and then from you – okay? You didn’t forget, did you?
If you remember, my goal was to NOT eat any candy while out in Cali all week. And let me tell you, I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo oooooo ooooooooooooo ooooooooooo ooooooooo temped!! I literally picked up some form of the junk at *least* 3 times before catching myself and pausing to see if it was worth it or not ;) haha… but as much as I want to say I succeeded in the end, I forgot for 2 SECONDS and ate a damn chocolate marshmallow bunny!! I blame you Donna Freedman! I actually found Easter candy 1/2 off and fell for it at 11pm the other night. Arghh…. But other than that, I was an angel! How did you all do?
Now back to this week’s mission: Your unworn clothes
If you’re anything like me, you have a half-dozen or so articles of clothing in your closet with price tags still on them. WHY?? How come we still haven’t worn these yet? Are we waiting for some super special event to take place? Are we too scared to get them dirty cuz they’re SO COOL? (That’s actually a reason for some of mine, haha…) Or did we just make some poor purchases at the time? Either way, there’s no point in keeping them around unless you’re going to enjoy them.
So, this week, your job is to either:
- Wear every piece hanging in your closet at some point in the next 7 days (clothes, shoes, accessories, whatev)
- Or make the decision to sell them. If you can’t find a reason to wear them, they’re just taking space in both your closet and your mind. Get rid of them and make some money!
I currently have 7 things I’ve been hoarding that I really REALLY want to wear, but for whatever reason I just haven’t yet. Here is a complete list:
- Nike Airs (left) — Actually bought these just a few months ago, and think they’re hot!, but always find an excuse not to wear ’em… that’s going to change.
- Nike Airs (right) — Bought these last week and too afraid to get them dirty! Even though they’re black! haha… maybe I just have a problem w/ Nikes?
- Express Jeans (left) — Realized they fit a bit funny, but haven’t given them a chance yet.
- Express Jeans (right) — Same thing.
- Glasses — I don’t know if I can pull them off? Haha…
- Silver necklaces (2) — Got these as gifts 2 YEARS AGO and still haven’t touched.
- Rockstar’ish vest — The wifey bought this for me 2 Xmas’ ago (I think?) and haven’t had the balls to try this one out either. Granted it’s not an “everyday” piece of clothing, but still, 2 years?
7 Days and 7 things to wear (oooh! didn’t even realize that). This’ll be a lot harder than last week’s mission, but I’m tired of playing around. Why do we spend so much money on things and then never use them?? I’m over it. Time to make a change, baby! Are you in?
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.