Since we’ve been on the topic of home ownership lately (and I found that AWESOME video up there for Vanilla Ice’s new real estate guide! Haha…) – I thought we’d make this the focus of today’s 5 For Friday questions :) Plus, I like being nosey.
So here we go… spill it loud and spill it proud, baby!
- Do you “own” your home or do you rent?
- If you own, how much did you pay for it? (If you rent, do you think you’ll buy anytime soon?)
- How much is your mortgage/rent payments?
- Where do you live? (City or State only please – don’t tell the internets all your details! :))
- Do you own any other property? (land, vacation home, boats, RVs)
- *Bonus* Are you Happy with this?
*Deep breath* Okay, here we go…
- Own or Rent: We own it. Or rather, the BANK owns it.
- Cost: We spend $360,000 for our townhouse. After negotiating it down $5k and getting them to pay for all closing costs AND an entirely new roof. Though looking back we could have pushed harder for more money off… lesson learned for next time! (IF there’s a next time)
- Payments: Our total payments between our 1st mortgage and our 2nd mortgage comes out to about $2,100/mo. We pay a little extra each month to help knock it down a bit, but since we never made a down payment to begin with we’re way overwater in our house. I’m currently brainstorming ways to fix this, but it’s not fun ;)
- Where we live: In Maryland, right outside D.C. Where $100k can barely get you a bathroom ;)
- Own other property? Nope! Unless you count this blog? I pretty much live here anyways, haha…
- *Bonus* Am I happy? I think you know the answer to that :)
I swear I’m workin’ on the animosity toward our house – I really am. I’ve come to the conclusion that we owe all that money no matter WHAT we do going forward, so it’s time to man up and figure out a game plan once and for all. I’m tired of pushing it aside and just blocking it out, something’s gotta give! I’ll keep you posted the second I come up with a plan – I can’t keep complaining about it anymore ;)
Okay, your turn to play! Answer the questions above and drop ‘em in the comments below. Maybe it’ll inspire you to take action once and for all too.