WE MADE IT to Friday!! :) And a long 4th of July weekend at that, my favorite kind (not that I have to go to “work” or anything haha… but still – it’s exciting!) What do you all have planned for this weekend? Anything super frugal or super scandalous in the works? We want ideas! Share it with your online family :) Here we go… 5 For Friday – 4th of July ed:
- What are you plans for the weekend?
- How much do you think it’ll cost?
- Do you have to go to work on Monday?
- If not, do you get paid for it,?
- What part are you looking forward to the most?
- *BONUS* What does “freedom” mean to you?
My turn first!
- Weekend Plans – Up until 2 hours ago, I had none. Now I have 4 to choose from! haha… but we’ll probably pick the one that involves boating down a river with my family. They found this cool restaurant that floats on the water or something, so we’re gonna go check it out – should be fun! :) The rest of the days will involve relaxing and hopefully hitting up the pool. And of course, working. You don’t really get “days off” when you’re self-employed ;)
- Estimated Cost – Hmmm… probably about $1,000 in gas if there’s traffic. If not, $80 :) My parents ended up treating themselves to the boat last year, so now we never have to pay for trips anymore. And my fingers are crossed that they pick up lunch – though maybe we’ll surprise them and treat ourselves? If so, tack on about $150 for the 8 of us.
- Work Monday? – Nope! And Yup! Haha… I’ll “work” at least half the day for sure.
- Get Paid? – Kinda sorta. I get paid almost every single day for something whether I’m physically working or not. It’s just a handful of dollars here and there that add up to my “salary” overtime. I doubt I’ll get any advertisers knocking on my door that day.
- Looking Forward – Just chillin’ with the family. I don’t get to see them as often as I’d like, so it’ll be nice to unwind and just talk about every day life with ’em. The sun and beers won’t hurt either :)
- *BONUS* – Freedom means a lot of different things to me, but most recently I’m reminded how blessed we are for the ability to say, or blog, whatever we want without having to worry about going to jail :) It’s not so fortunate in other countries, and I’m gaining a much more appreciation for it as time goes on.
And you? Whatcha getting into, and how much fun are you going to have this weekend? Make us jealous! Some of us live vicariously through you :)
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|