Haha… that’s right! Pop quiz, baby! Time to check in on how awesome or not you’re doing w/ your resolutions this year ;) You didn’t think you could get away with hiding them, right? With J. Money overwatching? Shoooooot… I wanna hear all about ’em!
- What were your resolutions for this year?
- Are any of them new? Or are you still workin’ on the same ones?
- Have you knocked off any of them?
- How *hard* are you actually trying? ;)
- If you had to choose a brand new goal, right now, what would it be?
- *Bonus* START THIS GOAL!!! Not a question, just a demand ;)
Oh boy… time to go find my original post! Haha… I honestly don’t think of my answers before writing these ;) I just write whatever comes to my head and then I answer ’em like you… and some are hard!
- My resolutions: Looks like I just had one: “Work for myself for 12 months straight.” Here’s what I initially wrote: “That’s it – plain and simple. I don’t want to save a bazillion dollars this year, I don’t want to run for office or meet a celebrity, and I certainly don’t care about my hand writing any more (I’ve had that on my list for a solid 25 years already – I don’t think it’s going to happen! haha…).”
- New resolutions? Yup! Very new. And written right after I was laid off – when I was full of emotion and ambitious! Well, I still am ;)
- Completed? Not yet, but we’re still on track! Half way to go, and I’m feeling pretty good about it. First time ever for me.
- How hard am I trying? VERY HARD. Like, 12-15 hours a day hard ;) But of course I have my livelihood on the line, so it’s a bit different than all previous 30 resolutions I’ve had over the years…
- Brand new goal: Hmmm… damn, this is hard. Who wrote these questions? :) I guess if I had to choose a new goal right here and now, I would choose to pay off my 2nd mortgage more aggressively. Maybe find a way to knock out an addition $500 each month? That dreaded $60k+ that just lingers there and laughs at me every time I log onto my account, it drives me crazy. I’ve been half-assing it for years now, and I’m beginning to think it’s time to own up. Maybe typing this out loud will get me to finally do it?
- *BONUS* Haha… but I don’t wanna do it!!! I like my money! :)
Your turn! Time to confess whether you’ve been a good little boy or girl or not ;) Extra points for any of the financial ones you’ve hit!
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|