Let’s do another 5 For Friday, shall we? Haven’t done one of those in a while… I feel like I still need to get to know you a little more ;) Soon enough we’ll be besties!
Today’s theme is “What would you do with _____.” And to play along, all you have to do is answer these 5 questions (honestly, and from the heart!) and place ’em right there in the comments below. Or you can blog about them and totally win extra points with me – only there’s no $500 this time ;) Sound good? Okay, here we go… (if you said no, then click here instead).
What would you do with…
- An extra $1,000? You have until the end of the day to spend it.
- An extra hour today? You magically get 1 more hour than anyone else, and you can “activate” it at any point you want (like while you’re awake, asleep, or perhaps in the middle of making out ;))
- Mad charming skills? Like, you have an entire day to use them on anyone you want ;) Your friends, family, store clerks, credit card companies (haha), anyone!
- A termination letter in your hand? Like if someone fired you right now?
- A whole afternoon with your favorite celebrity or role model? Could be a musician, author, sports star, politician (hah!), anyone in the world you want who’s alive. You can do anything you want at all… at ALL ;)
Oh boy… I think I may have made these a bit harder than normal, haha… here goes, though:
- Extra $1,000 — The first thing that goes through my mind right now is “SHOPPING SPREE!!” and honestly, if given the option right this second, I’d take it ;) I haven’t been shopping-shopping in a good 6-12 months, and the idea of spending free money on all sorts of awesome clothes and shoes and clothes and more shoes is incredibly exciting. The more conservative me would use it to pay down the mortgage, but that guy’s gone for the day :)
- An Extra hour today — Even easier: a computer and cell phone-free hour with the Mrs.! I’ve been m.i.a. for weeks now both at home, and all across the country, so having a good solid hour w/ her would probably be the smartest thing I could do right now ;) In fact, I should probably schedule that in anyways, huh? Friday date night?
- Mad charming skills — Hmm… I’d also pick the Mrs. for this too! Haha… I’m probably not leaving the house, or making any financial calls at any point today (unless United Airlines wants to pick another fight?) so I’d be sure to harness these skills to make the most of my extra free hour I’m gonna get as well ;)
- Termination letter — If that were possible, and I were to actually fire myself (you never know?), then I’d be one sadddddddd ass person. And I’d literally cry all day long until I dehydrated myself and wanted to die. At which point, someone would knock some sense into me and I’d brush myself off and start a brand new project from scratch the very next morning. Though I’ll surely miss you guys! :(
- Celebrity afternoon — Dangggg, I could pick so many! And if the Mrs wasn’t reading, it could get dirty fast! haha…. just kidding…sorta…. haha, no for real, that’s bad. It would be a tie between hangin’ with David Duchovny (the Californication version, NOT X-files), or Warren Buffett. W/ Duchovny, I’d just tag along and see what kinda trouble we’d get into over the day, and w/ Buffett I’d make him teach me Bridge while at the same time picking his brain about money and investing. They’re pretty much complete opposites, but I’m strangely allured by both. Maybe there’s someone with both qualities?
Ready to go yourself? Let ’em rip! Remember, the more honest the better. The whole point here is to let yourself go from the week’s nonsense and relieve a little stress :) So say it loud and proud, amigo!
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|