In honor of our very first 5 For Friday a whole 10 months ago, I thought we’d do a “random question” series today to help jump start our weekend :) If you’re up for it, copy and paste the following questions on your OWN blog, and then answer them there to keep ’em moving along. OR, answer them in the comments below. Especially question number 5 – I’d love some new tips ;)
Ready? Set? Humor me:
- What was the last thing you purchased?
- How about the last thing you returned?
- How much is in your wallet/purse right now?
- What would you do with an extra $100 in cash?
- What’s your favorite album right now?
- **EXTRA CREDIT** Who was the last person you kissed?
Here are MY answers:
- The last thing I purchased was….. (going over to check my c/c account…)… looks like my recent health insurance premium :( $292, ugh. Right before that was beer though – yay!! Haha… we’ll be drinking the rest of that tonight, thank you very much ;)
- Hmm… the last thing I returned was probably the 24″ computer monitor I was testing out cuz my old 22″ one broke :( (It kept getting darker and darker every day I turned it on, isn’t that weird?). I was originally just gonna replace it with another 22″, but figured if I’m gonna spend the money, I might as well do an upgrade while I’m at it – esp since monitors are SO much cheaper these days. Only thing was that once I saw the 27″ Samsung one for $80 off, I knew I had to have it over the 24″ I had just picked up the day before ;) So I swapped! And now it completely takes over my desk, haha, but I feel like I’m in the future!
- Right now I have exactly $30 in cash in my money clip, and a hearty $150ish on an Amex gift card waiting to be spent ;) Though I’ve had it for a good two months now…
- Ooooh $100? I’d probably exchange it for 100 $1.00 bills and use it in an upcoming art project I want to but together for my Blogger Lair. It’ll kinda be like the last one I did, only not with paint this time. And $100 would be more than enough :)
- Hands down Mumford & Son’s “Sigh No More” album. My bro got it for me for Xmas, and I’ve literally listened to it every single day since. It makes for GREAT blogging music in the mornings, and really inspires me to think outside myself more. I highly recommend it!
- **Extra Credit** The last person I kissed was Lolita. A very slim, and beautiful, woman who happens to love chasing her own tail and eating lots of cat food. (I Hope Mrs. BudgetsAreSexy isn’t reading this)
Your turn! Divulge all your dirty little secrets with us today so you can enjoy a conscious-free weekend ;) I promise not to tell anyone if you don’t.
PS: If you’re reading this in a feed reader, I’m sorry to say you missed the greatest video ever imbedded in this post.
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|