If there was one site I rarely looked at, it was FMyLife.com. There was just nothing about it that I found entertaining at all (it’s so depressing!), and for the life of me I couldn’t figure out why other people would either. That was, until I came across their “money” section ;) For the first time since that crazy site came out, I found myself dying with laughter over here! It’s so freakin’ funny! And there’s no possible way any of that stuff can be true, right? It’s too ridiculous to be real!
But it reminded me of how INCREDIBLE we as people can overcome some of these financial tragedies of our lives, though (the true parts ;)). Yes we bitch and moan and feel completely stupid for days on end for being so moronic, but at some point throughout the process we decide to lighten up a bit and start poking fun at ourselves. And that’s just awesome. Our ability to get back out there and dust our shoulders off to live another day is great. We all make mistakes, but it’s those who can overcome them and continue pushing forward with their hopes and dreams that succeed in the end. And making light of a situation helps you get through it that much faster!
So today I lift my self-imposed ban on the site (at least the money section), and officially declare it Make Fun Of Yourself day! Where I challenge you to poke fun at yourself for all the stupid money slips you’ve done recently, and then create your OWN “F My Life” story! You can even exaggerate if you’d like, no one will ever know ;)
Here are a few of ideas from FML’s site to get you started… These continue to crack me up!
- Today, I went to the gas station, paid the clerk, and drove off without pumping any gas. FML
- Today, I received a ticket for not having my headlights on. The cop who pulled me over had a broken headlight. FML.
- Today, a little girl I give horse-riding lessons to told me she had saved up $8.00 for her own pony. I laughed and thought how cute she was, then realized that was more than I have in my own savings account. FML
- Today, I got a parking ticket for parking in my neighbors’ parking spot. I parked there because my neighbors were parked in my parking spot. FML
- Today, after my credit card was stolen, the thief made donations to charitable associations. Now I feel bad for asking for the money back. FML
- Today, I was bitched out by a pizza delivery man. I didn’t have the cash to pay him for a pizza I didn’t even order. FML
And here’s my own FML for the day:
“Last night my pregnant wife was craving sparkling cider, so I went out and bought her some as the stores were closing, only to come home and realize it contained alcohol. FML”
Not as good as some of those above, but it’s at least true ;) And now I have to drink that nonsense myself or I waste $10 bucks! (Anyone want to come over and help me? Haha…). Your turn! I now give you full permission to bitch and make fun of yourself :) Hurry up and get it out of your system so you can get back to rockin’ it again! What kinda stuff have you messed up lately?
(Photo by magnetbox)
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.