- I wore my “I’m Bringing Budgets Back” T-shirt out in the real world for the first time ever, and 2 whole people smiled at me when they saw it :) If you can convince me that you’ll wear one too, I’ll see if Brad can make us some more! [UPDATE: Now for sale!!]
- I have a Visa Black Card offer sitting on my desk right now. The one that costs $500/year and made with carbon. It gives you all kinds of VIP access to places and things, but as much as I really REALLY want to give it a shot and see what happens, my fiscally conservative side is gearing up to punch me in the face :(
- We bought the most comfortable sleeper sofa EVER last night! It’ll be going in my Blogger Lair right next to the pimp library, and will then turn my office into a guest bedroom as well. Since someone who shall not be named (but who’s the cutest unborn thing in the entire world!) will be moving into the original bedroom soon ;) It cost $599, and 1/2 of it was paid for by selling off old furniture on Craigslist. (Update: we bought it at Bob’s Discount Furniture)
- Remember last week’s post on wasting money? Here’s another to add to the list: 24k gold SHOELACES for $19,000. They’ll even be hand delivered to you by their personal security guard :)
- We completed our first trip to Safeway WITHOUT being charged 5 cents a bag! Woohoo! It cost us over $15 to buy NEW & sturdy ones that we can leave in our car for future shopping trips, but at least we’re now getting into the habit of things over here :) This new rule isn’t as bad as I originally thought.
- USAA won’t stop tempting me with their Mercedez Benz promos every time I log into their site…
- We wasted $5.99 worth of pasta last night when we went to go cook it, and it came out pretty nasty looking :( Are you all pretty good about returning *food*? We always say we’re gonna do it, and then end up forgetting about it and just chucking.
- My wife gave me this awesome currency gift for Christmas last Dec. Pretty sweet, huh?
- It’s Friday, which means I’ll be spending money on beer tonight :) If it’s in the budget, it’s good!
- This is the first post ever written entirely in bullet points.
- What’s a random thing going on your life right now?
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|