- I wore my “I’m Bringing Budgets Back” T-shirt out in the real world for the first time ever, and 2 whole people smiled at me when they saw it :) If you can convince me that you’ll wear one too, I’ll see if Brad can make us some more! [UPDATE: Now for sale!!]
- I have a Visa Black Card offer sitting on my desk right now. The one that costs $500/year and made with carbon. It gives you all kinds of VIP access to places and things, but as much as I really REALLY want to give it a shot and see what happens, my fiscally conservative side is gearing up to punch me in the face :(
- We bought the most comfortable sleeper sofa EVER last night! It’ll be going in my Blogger Lair right next to the pimp library, and will then turn my office into a guest bedroom as well. Since someone who shall not be named (but who’s the cutest unborn thing in the entire world!) will be moving into the original bedroom soon ;) It cost $599, and 1/2 of it was paid for by selling off old furniture on Craigslist. (Update: we bought it at Bob’s Discount Furniture)
- Remember last week’s post on wasting money? Here’s another to add to the list: 24k gold SHOELACES for $19,000. They’ll even be hand delivered to you by their personal security guard :)
- We completed our first trip to Safeway WITHOUT being charged 5 cents a bag! Woohoo! It cost us over $15 to buy NEW & sturdy ones that we can leave in our car for future shopping trips, but at least we’re now getting into the habit of things over here :) This new rule isn’t as bad as I originally thought.
- USAA won’t stop tempting me with their Mercedez Benz promos every time I log into their site…
- We wasted $5.99 worth of pasta last night when we went to go cook it, and it came out pretty nasty looking :( Are you all pretty good about returning *food*? We always say we’re gonna do it, and then end up forgetting about it and just chucking.
- My wife gave me this awesome currency gift for Christmas last Dec. Pretty sweet, huh?
- It’s Friday, which means I’ll be spending money on beer tonight :) If it’s in the budget, it’s good!
- This is the first post ever written entirely in bullet points.
- What’s a random thing going on your life right now?
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.