Happppppy Fridayyyyyyy! Did you get all your work done this week like a good little boy or girl? Did you do MORE than you normally do, and thus deserve a big juicy kiss from yours truly? Well if so, line right up and press your lips against this here computer screen! Ready? Set? xx MUAH! xx
Haha… okay okay, enough silliness. Let’s get on to something more important – like telling us how much you’ve been spending on electronics lately ;) We learned allllll about your clothing purchases last week, particularly with your underwear (ow ow!), but this time we wanna know how you prioritize your money w/ gadgets. And as always, there’s no right or wrong answers here – just the ones that are true (so no lying!).
Okay here we go… 5 For Friday – The Technology Ed. I’ll start us out, and then it’s up to you to follow suit in the comments below. Tell us how much you’ve spent on your last ______ purchase:
- Cell phone? Technically, nothing. But only cuz I sold my older iPhone and then used the money to get the upgrade to the 4 back in the day ;) Originally I spent over $200 for the iPhone 3GS, so I guess let’s go w/ that number. The phone’s important to me and my blogging!
- TV? Hmmm… it’s been a while, but I wanna say I spent around $800? I got one of the last remaining large screen projections (62″!) back in the mid-2000’s, and it fits perfectly in the corner of our living room :) Which is GREAT that I bought it when I did cuz I was still in my “I don’t care about money much” phase and probably wouldn’t have done it elsewise, haha… And those big screens make all the difference in the world! Esp if you’re a huge movie fan like I am (or you like watching your favorite football team lose every single season, ugh…)
- Music player? Nada. I stream music for free on the computer, and then maybe once or twice a year on the iPhone (I never remember it has an iPod in it!). My actual iPod just sits and collects dust, and I haven’t bought a boom box since, well, they called them boomboxes ;)
- Computer/Laptop? $400 bucks at Woot.com! The only thing I really care for is speed and internet, so as long as it has that, and it’s pretty reliable, I’ll take any computer. It has to have a big screen too cuz my poor eyeballs stare at it 10 hours a day!
- Video game/console? Nothing! I still have the original Nintendo NES sitting in front of my TV right now, so that should tell you something ;) Though I do like a little Rock Band every now and then when we go to a friend’s house… times sure do change, haha…
- **EXTRA CREDIT**What’s the OLDEST electronic you own? My 8-Track player! Oh wait… I also have a record player? But that’s not as funny, haha… James Taylor DOES sound pretty sweet on it though!
Aight, your turn. How much money have YOU been spendin’ on that newfangled technology lately? Spill the beans and let’s see where your priorities are (or not)! And then be sure to have a killer weekend, okay? :)
(Photo by Stephen Barnett)
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.