Hey guys! So not sure if you’ve been noticing around here or not, but I’ve been slowly adding up new pages to the site that I think can really help out over time (like my best products tab), as well as doing some much needed Spring cleaning too (like clearing out old stuff in my sidebars). I think it’s a little better on the eyes now, but be on the look out for even more features and nav bar pages to come :)
My vision for this site is to not only MOTIVATE you to rock your finances through the content here, but also to share the tools and resources that are out there to get you to take those NEXT STEPS in life too. Say, with the help of calculators or mortgage tables, or even credit cards for that matter (if you’re like me and love to budget with them). So over the next few months you’ll see some more features pop up around the site as well, all in the hopes that it’ll help push you forward no matter what stage of the financial game plan you’re in. I’m pretty excited about it!
And one of the main things I want to get better about here, is featuring some of the best credit card offers on the site every now and then too. (Maybe like once a week or something?) I get pinged whenever a good one comes out through a lot of our networks and what have you, but I’d absolutely LOVE to hear from *YOU GUYS* on which you have found to be the ultimate credit card out there. Whether it be in the cash-back department, the travel department, or just the best overall card around from your experience.
I’ve recently launched a “best credit cards” section you can find in the top nav bar there, but it’s mainly from checking out other great financial blogs and sites to get a good feel for what’s out there. In my perfect world, though, I’d like to have this stuff backed up by YOU so it helps everyone going forward (and I learn a $hit ton in the process). I tend to lock myself up with USAA and not look elsewhere when searching for stuff (which is both good and bad, depending on how you look at it), so pumping up my OWN database of credit card knowledge would be a huge help to me too :) Know what I’m saying?
So let’s do this – I’ll start with a couple cards that I think are good based on what I’ve researched lately, and then YOU’LL tells us yours. Sound good? Here’s what I’ve found:
The Chase Freedom® MasterCard
1) Chase Freedom® MasterCard – $100 Bonus Cash Back + 0% Intro APR: This one seems to be one of the most popular card offers out there right now, and you can see why! Check out all perks:
- Earn $100 Bonus Cash Back after you make $500 in purchases in your first 3 months
- 0% Intro APR for 12 months on balance transfers and 6 months on purchases
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 spent at grocery stores and movie theaters from 4/1/12 – 6/30/12
- You’ll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants and even airlines. It’s free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- Up to an additional 10% Cash Back when you shop online at select merchants through Chase
- No annual fee and rewards never expire
The Chase Sapphire PreferredSM Card
2) Chase Sapphire PreferredSM Card: A pretty killer travel card that’s having a CRAZY good promo going on right now — a 40,000 points bonus if you spend $3k in the first 3 months! My boy of over at My Money Blog currently has this card and he’s loving it :) I’m considering picking it up too to replace my old Amex biz card, but don’t think I’d spend the $3k in time to activate it…we’ll see though! Check it out:
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months– that’s $500 toward travel rewards!
- 2 points per dollar spent on travel and at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 20% off airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises when you book through Ultimate Rewards℠
- No foreign transaction fees
- Receive a 7% annual dividend on all new points earned – even on points already redeemed
- 1:1 point transfer to participating frequent travel programs
- Direct access to expert service advisors anytime
- No Annual Fee for your first year – A $95 value
Pretty smooth, huh? Again, it depends on what perks and features you value over others out there, but it’s nice to know there’s a good card in every department when you’re ready to roll. My new goal is to always know the #1 card out there so when I’m asked for the billionth time which one I advise, I can just point them to it right away here on the site ;) Win-Win for everyone!
Your turn! What’s YOUR favorite credit card out there? And why do you like it so much?? Let us know so we can all learn from it! (And I can continue to build out my best credit card section ;))
PS: Even though it goes without saying, I’m gonna say it again anyways cuz it’s super important: DO NOT PICK UP ANY CREDIT CARDS IF YOU CAN’T HANDLE THEM! If you suck at paying them off on time and/or don’t trust yourself to use them properly, stay away! They’re only awesome tools if you can take advantage of them the right way.
(Photo by Anthrocopy – I like how a Chase Freedom card is in there too, haha… totally unplanned! ;))
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|