Think your job is on it? :) I know mine should, but I doubt they’ve included bloggers in the research, haha… we’re not “real” to the outside world ;) But to those who are, perhaps you’ll agree with some of these listings down below?
They come from a company called CareerCast, and here’s how they determined the rankings:
“Our team gathers mounds of data and sorts through all of the factors to break each element into five key categories: Physical Demands, Work Environment, Income, Stress and Hiring Outlook. Jobs receive a score in each individual category, and when these are added together, the career with the best overall score is ranked 1st, while the one with the worst overall score is ranked 200th.”
It looks like they got a lot of haters on their post when they first released it, but either way it’s an interesting benchmark for sure. When are survey’s 100% accurate anyways? If you’re looking for a new career change, this might be a good place to start. Here we go…
The 10 Best Jobs of 2012
- Software Engineer — I believe it.
- Actuary — What are the odds they’d be here? ;)
- Human Resources Manager — They make BANK!! A lot more than I would have guessed.
- Dental Hygienist — Sure, I can see that.
- Financial Planner — Yeah money niche!
- Audiologist — Not sure what that is? People related, or technology related?
- Occupational Therapist — I bet this would be fun :)
- Online Advertising Manager — The advertising industry is always represented in these.
- Computer Systems Analyst — Computers *are* taking over the world!
- Mathematician — Yeah nerds!! Represent.
The 10 Worst Jobs of 2012
- Lumberjack — Awwww, this one sounds awesome! And I bet you get RIPPED doing it too!
- Dairy Farmer — Really?? I always thought they had a good gig going… though crazy hours.
- Enlisted Military Soldier — For stress/chance of getting hurt I bet :(
- Oil Rig Worker — This one freaks me out… being so far away with only men? *shiver*
- Reporter (Newspaper) — I really hope print doesn’t go away in the end, it’s so nostalgic! I love my magazines and books!!
- Waiter/Waitress— Cuz of stress? And low pay?
- Meter Reader — Haha…. have any of you watched Parking Wars?? So good! :)
- Dishwasher — Oddly enough this was one of my most favorite Summer jobs back in the day – blaring music and getting all dirty – loved it!
- Butcher — Oh man, I sooooo wish we had a local butcher around here. Like back in the old days of villages and what not ;) Fresh meat is awesome!
- Broadcaster — Really? Would have never guessed.
What do you guys think? They hit it on the head? Do any of you HAVE any of these jobs up there? Tell us which of the lists you’d put it on based on your own experiences! I love job stuff like crazy, it’s so fun to think about what it’s like to do something else every now and then :) Blogging’s great, but I’m sure there are a half-dozen other gigs I’d also enjoy too. It’s a good thing we have tons of years to try things out!
PS: Thanks to Savvy Sugar for originally posting about this which caught my attention – love it!
(Photo by zappowbang)
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.