But I should have those numbers here shortly – still waiting for 1 or 2 more things to come in and I’ll add ‘em all up and see what our TRUE costs were vs. what they’re billing our insurance… and a damn good thing we were on top of all that stuff too, or we’d be in deep doo-doo having to pay all those bills ourselves! Man, what a racket…
Other interesting things since our last update on Baby J:
- He now recognizes his mom and dad :)
talkscoos and smiles all over the place!
- He’s mesmerized by our couch cushions (??)
- He’s less than 2 months old, yet fits in 3-6 months clothes!
- He one time slept for 5 hours at night, setting a new world record
- We’ve had zero scares since those debacles 6 weeks ago ;)
- He hates Pawn Stars, but LOVES The Wire! Even though we cringe when he hears cursing :( And then feel like bad parents for not turning it off! (It’s sooooo good though, we just started season 4!) When do kids start understanding all this stuff anyways?
- We’re now gonna start breast pumping so Dad can help out more at night.
- We have a hard time not talking about him all the time, but refuse to be “those” people!
- And I officially became a dad when I said (I kid you not), “He’ll poke his eye out with that thing!” in response to giving him a slingshot later… Wow.
- UPDATE: Last night was the first time Baby $ slept in his room alone! WOOHOO!!
You can see our entire costs so far from pregnancy and beyond here: Ultimate Baby Costs Tracker. And I’ll continue giving you lovely updates about him as time goes on too ;) 11 months in and 17 more years to go! Haha… then we FINALLY get to see the true costs of having a kid this whole time – should be interesting… Anyone want to make any predictions?
Happy Weekend all :) Start saving now if you’ll be making your *own* babies this weekend!
PS: That portrait up there is titled “Don’t Shoot!”