Hidey ho, neighbors! I had a lot more awesome (and not so awesome) stuff happen in the world of money again this week, so I thought I’d do another round of hits and misses like we did last Friday. Do y’all like this kinda stuff, or do you not really feel like you get much out of them? You seemed to enjoy last week’s, but just wanna check in so I’m not boring anyone too much ;) They’re real fun for me to do cuz I get to recap everything and remind myself not to be such an idiot! Haha…
Anyways, here’s what went down this week…
Hits of the week:
- I earned $68.56 more off my consignment items! How fantastic! And I just brought a 3rd round of goodies over to them too on Wednesday: artwork, vintage frames, candle holders, sconces, knick knacks, and a whoooooooole bunch of old LPs I no longer listen to. Which apparently are coming back and hopefully means a lot more $$$ in the future :) On a side note, I once bought 800+ of them off a real life hoarder at a yard sale for $20, and have been selling them in chunks since for around $50 a load. I’m now down to the last couple of boxes I just dropped off for consignment (minus my favorites, of course), so we’ll see how well they do. I’d much rather listen to records over MP3s any day – they’re so much more romantic and BETTER quality!
- The Mrs. found some unclaimed money just like you! We don’t know how much exactly yet, but it was because y’all were plugging in your friends’ and families’ names that gave me the idea to do it too :) And my wife came out the lucky winner! Woohoo! Haha… she doubts it’ll be for anything big (it was a long lost check from temping 9+ years back), but it’s still some free sexy money. If you still haven’t checked for any yourself, now’s the time! Start with MissingMoney.com and go from there… or read my article on it that I just linked to up there.
- I Bought the new Mumford & Sons album! :) Nothing to do with making sexy money this week, but man I love that group! Haha… Only $14.99 on iTunes right now too, for all you fans out there…. (Says the guy who just bashed MP3s)
Misses this week:
- I got another dang speeding ticket :( 42 in a 25. And pretty much in the same freakin’ place as I ALWAYS get one whenever I head into DC, arghhh… I literally only go there like once every few months, but now I’m gonna be freaked out about it because I just don’t want to get caught again! Haha… not that I ever notice how fast I’m going *anyways* in certain parts of town – I’m sure you all have pockets like that too, where you just assume the zones are higher than they are? This 25 area I keep getting dinged at is like a mini highway! Jeez… bye-bye another $40 of mine :(
- I left a bag of groceries out and it spoiled! Fastest way to lose some money right there, boys and girls… Though luckily this time around it was only about $10 worth of perishables, and not the whole shebang! Still – that’s $10 flushed down the toilet due to my lack of paying attention and A.D.H.D. To top it off it then meant we couldn’t have my beloved grilled cheese sandwiches that night cuz of the lack of (fresh) cheese :( Booooooooooo….
So pretty much I ended up even at the end of this week :) All my smarts wiped away from all my dumbness, haha… I’m sure you can relate? Who else has some tails of woes or wisdom from the week? Let’s share ’em again like we did last time!
Photo by Polycart
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.