I was debating on whether to do a Five For Friday post today, or a Would You Rather, and then I stumbled across an awesome game by Savvy Sugar who pretty much mashed up both of them into one tight package! Woo!
They take it farther and compare like 50 other “would you rather spend your moneys here or there” type things, but I searched through them for a good 20 mins and picked out my favorites. After your done reading today’s post (and you want to waste even *more* time ;)), play their game and see how high you can go. I was sucking ‘cuz you have to guess what the majority of people would prefer, not you specifically :( And Lord knows there’s some crazy people out there!
Anyways, here are our 5 would you rathers to ponder today :)
Would you rather spend money on…
- Magazines or Cabs?
- iTunes or Eating Dinner Out?
- Road Trips or Recreational Sports?
- Netflix or Good Wine?
- Concert Tickets or Retirement Fund Contributions?
And here are MY answers:
- I’d rather spend my money on Magazines. D’uh. Though those cabs sure have been getting in my way lately! Haha… Now even better would be reading magazines IN the cabs :)
- I’d rather spend my money on Eating Dinner Out! I love poking through iTunes every now and then, especially in the middle working, but nowadays there are a ton of other FREE places to go like Pandora or Spotify, so I’d much rather enjoy my dinners out instead :) It’s nice to treat yourself, and the resident cook, from time to time.
- I’d rather spend my money on Recreational Sports. Which kills me cuz I absolutely LOVE road trips!! But how often do you truly take them, ya know? I’d much rather have my football and soccer on the weekends than a kick ass road trip once every few months (years?).
- I’d rather spend my money on Good Wine. But I’d much rather spend it on good BEER as I couldn’t taste the difference of great wine if my baby depended on it… Every taste test I go to I always chose the cheaper one as being the best. I think it’s in my blood.
- I’d rather spend my money on Retirement Fund Contributions!! Though to be fair I also hate concerts cuz you have to sit or stand there for a billion hours at a time… I’m too A.D.D. to take that :) I’d also probably put retirement contributions in front of ANY categories you sent me anyways – it’s all about the priorities!
Your turn! Which 5 would you pick over the others?? It’s too bad we don’t win any prizes for playing these kinds of games as I could do them all day and night ;) Maybe someone can sponsor our next one? And we’ll give out prizes to the best answers? Hmm… I’ma look into that. In the meantime, have yourself a splendid weekend and stay away from crazy mohawk-guys! I heard they’re pretty sneaky.
// Photo by Tobyotter
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.