Man, what a week… Full of pros and cons and all kinds of different things going on over here in the J. Money household. Perfect for another of our hits and misses posts we do on and off here, especially since I don’t have anything grand to divulge to you all today anyways ;)
Here’s a look at all great (and not-so-great) stuff going on in our hood:
- My wife’s bi-weekly checks are now $828.00! An increase of $78 each time from her part-time gig – I love it! Unlike that term “bi-weekly” which still to this day confuses me… is it “every two weeks” or “twice in one week”?, ugh… I’m using it here as every two weeks btw ;)
- I got a new coin for my collection! An 1895 Liberty Head $5.00 gold coin! It’s amazing how beautiful these coins use to be back in the day… And a $5 one? Can you even IMAGINE how much that was worth over 100 years ago? Pretty wild stuff… And the best part is that my coin friend let me trade back some coins I had originally gotten from him during my early days of learning this Summer, so I didn’t have to front as much as normal to pick this one up from him :) He really is good to me – without him around I wouldn’t even be in the hobby. Coin people are nice!!
- My hat got thrown into the ring for some kick-ass gigs recently. One this week, and two the last few all circling around *bigger* media opportunities like radio/tv/etc – I’m blown away. Who’d have thought a simple blog like this could bring so many incredible opportunities down the road? On top of being able to do it full-time as a living?? Just goes to show that if you’re passionate about something and work your tail off, you never know how far it’ll take you… We’ll see if any of these pan out, but regardless I’m just happy to be in people’s minds :)
- Our last remaining hospital bill from baby birth is still kicking our asses… One side (the hospital) is saying they submitted our paperwork and our insurance isn’t responding so we’re on the hook for the money – all $1,300 of it! (the cost of a handful of hours in the hospital nursery, btw, what a racket!) – and our insurance is saying they never saw such a thing before, ugh… But the Mrs. has been a trooper and staying on top of it all, so hopefully it’ll get resolved within the next few weeks. It’s already been 7 MONTHS so what’s another one? (And that reminds me it’s time to update our total baby costs too I believe – gotta stay on top of it! :))
- Our handyman refuses to be professional and show up on time. Specifically, FOUR different times over the last two months to finish up some work he had promised us late last year… I came REAL close to cutting him off for good and running with another handyman company, but after our new estimates came up and it was THREE TIMES as much, I was extremely glad we didn’t ;) So I’m putting back on my patient pants and hoping we an finally lock this down and then move on for good… Just amazes me how bad people can be with customer service… Especially when someone’s trying to GIVE YOU MONEY!
- My car won’t start anymore :( I’m hoping it’s just the battery (my mechanic friend is gonna come take a look at it shortly), but I’m fearing it’s something much worse… I’m just glad it conked out in my house parking lot!
- Our daycare no longer allows part-time care :( Right when we were finally going to give it a shot too, jeez… One of the main reason we had decided on that one in particular was *because* they allowed part-time care there (every single other one did not), but now it seems they have gone that route as well… Due to “strong demand” for full-time baby care :( On the plus side, I now get to continue spending more time playing with my mini-me twice a week! Which may or may not be good in the long run anyways :) Who needs to work?
- It’s tax season again. Enough said.
I actually didn’t realize how much has gone down this week until putting it all out there, haha… Hopefully the next one will be more heavily skewed towards that top section :)
How about you guys? What awesome, and nasty, things happened to you this week??
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|