Haaaaaaappy Friday mother budgeters! (You see what I did there? ;)) I hope you’re ready to start this weekend off right! Perhaps with a little tattoo’ing action maybe? All of us getting one at the same time to promote fiscal communityness?? Haha… or would that actually go against that?
Anywho, I thought we’d do a 5 for Friday today all about the sexy art of tattooing. Specifically YOUR tattoos, or maybe lack there of. So as always, I’ll list out the 5 questions for you to answer today, and then I’ll do the honors of going first. Here we go…
- How many tattoos do you have?
- If more than 0, what are they and where? (If none – why?)
- How much did they cost in total?
- Were you financially stable when getting them? ;)
- Do you plan on getting any more? If so, what’s next?
- *BONUS* Send us a picture!!
Haha… Some of this will be fun for us to see and answer, and others probably super boring ;) But luckily this is my blog so I get to talk about anything I want! And now here are my answers:
- How Many: ONE! But I’m reallllllly getting antsy for another…
- What are they and where: I have a star on my upper chest – the only symbol I have pretty much loved ever since I was a kid (and the first thing I always doodle for some reason?). They say to make sure to get something you’ll hopefully never regret, and 10 years into it so far so good :)
- Total cost: Only $90 but that was ‘cuz I didn’t realize you’re supposed to tip :( Which I hear is one of the main ways the tattoo artists get paid? (I guess the majority of the tattoo cost itself goes straight to the shop?) Needless to say I still feel pretty terrible about it… I’d totally go back and pay the guy if I wasn’t living 300 miles away AND could remember his name, haha, but it looks like I’ll have to just settle with tipping the next guy/girl even more to make up for it. Lucky them!
- Financially stable? HAH! Not really, but I wasn’t going to let that stop me ;) And something tells me it didn’t stop you all either! I think if you’re getting a tattoo it’s pretty much telling the world you don’t care about the other stuff, haha… Not that my $90 was going to set me back all TOO much anyways, or that tattoos are that “rebelish” as they used to be…
- Any more? Yup! I REALLLLLY want those old time sailor sparrows you’ve probably seen around before. I find them incredibly intriguing, and I love the meanings behind them too (mainly “safe travels” and “freedom” and/or “true love” ;)) . I know they’re commonplace, but you like what you like, and I’ve been thinking about them for over 9 years now… So I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t regret those later either. I just need someone to hit up a parlor with me as they kinda freak me out a little! I guess I’m not as hard as I used to be back in the day, haha…
- *BONUS* A pic of my star? Sure, here you go. Can you tell a 21 y/o male took it? ;)
I want my boy’s name on me somewhere actually too, but thinking about too many tats at the same time just stresses me out… You have to space them out or you use up all the fun at once! Just hopefully not in 10 year spaces like I seem to be doing, haha… Man I’m lazy.
Oh, that reminds me of a trick I do too to make sure I really REALLY want a new tattoo: I draw it out on my skin w/ permanent marker in the exact spot I want it (or maybe a few different ones if I can’t decide). This allows me to sorta “live” with it in the real world to see if I catch myself feeling more of one way or the other, and after a while I can pretty much tell if it’s a keeper or not. Especially when they’re visible to the public and I get comments about them ;) Like, right now I’m testing out a blackened-in heart on my hand which I’m digging a lot so far – even though, yes, I’m a guy and it’s pretty girly marking (no judging!!). It reminds me to keep being good and forget the hate.
Anyways, your turn. How many tattoos do you currently have? And how much have they cost you? If you don’t have any, is there a reason behind it or do you just never really think about it much? Let’s see how many of us are tatted here! :)
Photo by JD | Photography. That’s not me, I’m not that strong.
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.