You know those people who say you can make money doing *anything* as long as you’re passionate about it? Well, I’m one of those people :) But even more so when you’re actually GOOD at whatever it is you enjoy! Haha…
Check out this list I put together 8-9 months ago that was hiding in my draft emails (oops). I asked folks on Twitter & Facebook what they’re really good at, and the results were pretty fun:
- I’m really good at helping my friends find great clothes when shopping. Kind of like a freelance, unpaid version of Stacy and Clinton from What Not to Wear! – Annabelle
- I am awesome at Trivial Pursuit. Seriously I am the Queen of Useless Knowledge! – Liz M.
- I’m really good at photographing women with tattoos :) – Jeff
- I’m really awesome at being a friend. That’s something I’ve grown to appreciate as I’ve gotten older. I try to be the friend I want to have, and I’m proud of that. :) – K. Johnson
- I am awesome at baking bread. – Cindy
- I am awesome at public speaking. – Marilyn Wons
- I’m awesome at captivating groups and making them laugh. – Josh
- I’m awesome at getting people to take a step back and look at the bigger picture in almost any situation which benefits them95% of the time. – sexyslimmai
- I’m awesome at motivating and enabling people to run. (That is, if they have any interest in the first place! That’s always the biggest hurdle) – Frances
- I’m awesome at comforting a crying baby. – Mami2jcn
- I’m very good at finding answers to questions/random information. Which is a good thing, since I’m a librarian, and that’s pretty much my job. – Maggie
- I am awesome at baking vegan cupcakes. You’ll never eat one with eggs and dairy again! – Cate
- I am an amazing parallel parker. – Allison
- I am awesome at making homemade blackberry jam — FRUGAL jam, made with on-sale sugar and berries picked for free, and preserved in jars from the thrift store. I have the scratches on my arms to prove it and the purple under my fingernails to prove it. – Donna Freedman
- I am awesome at teaching guitar. That is not the same thing as being awesome at playing guitar. – Mary Beth Elderton
- I’m awesome at making excuses. In the future I hope to be awesome at NOT making excuses. :-) – Jen @ Master the Art of Saving
So first, never think you’re not good at anything – cuz you are! You just gotta figure out *what* it is, exactly. And then if it’s something you can charge for and/or do on the side without driving yourself nutso (that is, if you even want to parlay it into a money-making venture to begin with). This is what all those Side Hustlers do who we feature on this blog every month. They turned their hobbies/interests into something that generates a little cash on the side for them. It’s sexy.
If you haven’t asked yourself what you’re awesome at lately, stop for a second and do it right now! Here, just fill out this sentence and drop it into the comments:
“I am awesome at __________. And I could maybe do ____ to make money with it.”
Profess those skills loud and proud, baby!
Photo by Evil Erin