You know those people who say you can make money doing *anything* as long as you’re passionate about it? Well, I’m one of those people :) But even more so when you’re actually GOOD at whatever it is you enjoy! Haha…
Check out this list I put together 8-9 months ago that was hiding in my draft emails (oops). I asked folks on Twitter & Facebook what they’re really good at, and the results were pretty fun:
- I’m really good at helping my friends find great clothes when shopping. Kind of like a freelance, unpaid version of Stacy and Clinton from What Not to Wear! – Annabelle
- I am awesome at Trivial Pursuit. Seriously I am the Queen of Useless Knowledge! – Liz M.
- I’m really good at photographing women with tattoos :) – Jeff
- I’m really awesome at being a friend. That’s something I’ve grown to appreciate as I’ve gotten older. I try to be the friend I want to have, and I’m proud of that. :) – K. Johnson
- I am awesome at baking bread. – Cindy
- I am awesome at public speaking. – Marilyn Wons
- I’m awesome at captivating groups and making them laugh. – Josh
- I’m awesome at getting people to take a step back and look at the bigger picture in almost any situation which benefits them95% of the time. – sexyslimmai
- I’m awesome at motivating and enabling people to run. (That is, if they have any interest in the first place! That’s always the biggest hurdle) – Frances
- I’m awesome at comforting a crying baby. – Mami2jcn
- I’m very good at finding answers to questions/random information. Which is a good thing, since I’m a librarian, and that’s pretty much my job. – Maggie
- I am awesome at baking vegan cupcakes. You’ll never eat one with eggs and dairy again! – Cate
- I am an amazing parallel parker. – Allison
- I am awesome at making homemade blackberry jam — FRUGAL jam, made with on-sale sugar and berries picked for free, and preserved in jars from the thrift store. I have the scratches on my arms to prove it and the purple under my fingernails to prove it. – Donna Freedman
- I am awesome at teaching guitar. That is not the same thing as being awesome at playing guitar. – Mary Beth Elderton
- I’m awesome at making excuses. In the future I hope to be awesome at NOT making excuses. :-) – Jen @ Master the Art of Saving
So first, never think you’re not good at anything – cuz you are! You just gotta figure out *what* it is, exactly. And then if it’s something you can charge for and/or do on the side without driving yourself nutso (that is, if you even want to parlay it into a money-making venture to begin with). This is what all those Side Hustlers do who we feature on this blog every month. They turned their hobbies/interests into something that generates a little cash on the side for them. It’s sexy.
If you haven’t asked yourself what you’re awesome at lately, stop for a second and do it right now! Here, just fill out this sentence and drop it into the comments:
“I am awesome at __________. And I could maybe do ____ to make money with it.”
Profess those skills loud and proud, baby!
Photo by Evil Erin
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.