Happy Friday, y’all! Rescued this gem out of my spam emails this morning and thought it would make for some good thought over the weekend… Ended up being a pitch about a
new book out there called “How Rich People Think,” and whether it’s good or not (I have no idea), the funny part is that it was published back in 2010!! :) Why it’s getting promoted NOW I have no idea, haha, but it does look interesting nonetheless.
The author (Steve Siebold) pretty much says getting rich isn’t about the highest level of education you completed or your IQ, but rather how you look and think about money. Similar to “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind” made popular by T. Harv Eker. He (Steve) interviewed over 1,200 of the world’s wealthiest people over the past 30 years, and according to him there are more than 100 differences in how rich people look at money compared to the middle class.
Here are 9 of them:
- Middle class focuses on saving. The wealthy focus on earning.
- Middle class believes hard work creates wealth. The wealthy believe leverage creates wealth.
- Middle class believes money is earned through labor. The wealthy believe money is earned through thought.
- Middle class worries about running out of money. The wealthy think about how to make more money.
- Middle class operates from a fear based consciousness. The wealthy operate in a consciousness of abundance, freedom, opportunity and possibility.
- Middle class believes getting rich is outside their control. The wealthy know getting rich is an inside job.
- Middle class sees money through the eyes of emotion. The wealthy see money through the eyes of logic.
- Middle class has a lottery mentality about money. The wealthy have an action mentality.
- Middle class sets their financial expectations low so they’re never disappointed. The wealthy set their financial expectations high and get excited.
Now obviously you can’t generalize *everything* so easily like that, but there’s def. some merit to it. I know I used to get stuck in many of those “middle class thinkings” time and time again myself, and still do today even though I’ve changed considerably. Not that there’s anything wrong with being middle class, of course :) It only matters if you’re trying to GET RICH. Which also reminds me to ask you if you think there’s a difference between “being rich” and “being wealthy?” You always see them interchanged and never sure if that makes sense or not? I think it’s the same?
Anywho, if you want more comparisons like this, check out a similar post we did three years ago: The Difference Between Wealthy People vs Poor People. You’ll notice there’s a definite theme here :) And I’m sure a billion of others have stated the same stuff too!
But whether you’re poor, middle class, or wealthy, as long as you’re happy all is good in the world. Not everyone’s cut out to become a billionaire, and that’s totally fine unless you dream otherwise! And in which case it’s time to consider a switch in mentality and start re-tweaking that brain of yours :) Always gotta be working towards those dreams!
Photo by ToGa Wanderings