A little over 3 years ago I blogged about girls selling their virginity for money. (Why do we never hear about guys doing this, btw? ;)) It was one of my more popular and juicier posts back then, and to this day still gets some decent traffic. Which makes it no surprise when I wake up this morning and see this email sitting in my inbox:
My name is [Virgin], I am newly 18 years-old. I have a story for you, it’s my personal story. I am selling my virginity in order to better my life and help many who are in need as well, you could be the first to break the news. Please contact me if you have any questions, I’ll link my website below. PLEASE, take the time to read my “ABOUT ME” section on my webpage to find out more.
Thanks so much,
Now normally I’d link to the site and so you all can review and gawk at, but something tells me it would generate way more hate than the opposite ;) And since this dear young lady was trying to do me a favor to break the news here first, I don’t want to be the one who screws her. No pun intended.
I do, however, have no problem sharing my thoughts on it all and then opening it up for your feedback. After all, anything having to do with money AND sex is the best type of stuff! Haha… (Have I ever told you how much I love my job? :))
So, my thoughts:
- No way in hell would I ever do this. A) Just cuz it feels icky to me, B) ‘cuz I don’t morally approve, and C) I’ve already lost mine!
- That being said, I try my best not to judge and condemn anyone for choosing differently even if I don’t agree (which I don’t, obviously). It’s incredibly fascinating either way.
- If this one above IS telling the truth, I do respect the fact that she’d be using a lot of the money to help her family and community since her about page pretty much says they grew up in poverty and have all kinds of health-related and living-related problems. Not to mention a lack of education options as well (which she’d also be using the money for – especially with herself)
- Putting your name and PICTURES on the internet for everyone to see just scares the bejesus out of me – especially when they’re half-naked pics!! (Again, sorry I can’t link back here ;)). Tying it all to SELLING YOUR VIRGINITY makes it even crazier, especially if the deed never even gets done. How does that affect your future being *that girl* forever and ever and EVER? With jobs, relationships, etc?? Not something you generally want to be at the top of search engines, believe me. Nor is it easy to get rid of once it’s out there.
- Selling for a multiple of millions is way too high if we’re talking strictly business here. I can understand 1 Million, I guess, maybe two if you’re trying to reach the elite billionaires up there, but really anything more just seems overreaching. Especially when people can get it for free, yeah?
- How will people trust you 100% that the facts are, well, the facts anyways?
- And more importantly, how can you secure your SAFETY in going through with this? Both physically and mentally? Yikes…
My brain is going a mile a minute here, but that’s the gist of my feelings towards it. I should go back and see what I wrote all those years ago and see if my opinions still match up, haha… I didn’t want to do that yet so this post will (hopefully) be more original for you :)
Anyways, tons of variables when you’re considering something so big and drastic like this. If you guys ever go down this route just promise me you’ll think it through entirely, okay? ;) I’m semi-joking here, but odds are there are a handful of you reading this right now that WOULD do something like this. And I’d actually love to hear from you if you’re one of them!
So, would YOU sell your virginity for money? If we’re talking in the MILLIONS? What if you could go back and sell yours? Haha… Let us know in the comments below :) And please go anonymously. Happy sexing!
PS: That sex light up there? Goes for $15.99 on Amazon fwiw ;)
[Photo by je@n]
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|