Happppppppppy Friday y’all! Before you go out and spend a lot of money this weekend stocking up, I thought we’d talk a little about bulk purchases today and see if any of you have some sexy pointers you want to share. Along w/ other random info about your bulky life ;)
Here is this month’s 5 For Friday. If they bore you, skip to #5:
- What do you buy in bulk?
- What’s your *favorite* thing you get in bulk?
- What was the most you ever spent on it?
- Tell us one secret or tip you use to get awesome deals (or maybe it’s a favorite store?)
- On a scale from 1-10, how sexy is Ryan Seacrest?
Haha… couldn’t think of any other questions there ;) I’ll answer these first, and then it’s your turn.
- Stuff I buy in bulk: Clothes, diapers, fish tank filters, and stocks? Does that count? :) We really don’t buy much of anything in bulk now that I think about it…
- Favorite bulk purchases: Clothes! When I see something I like that’s also on sale, I’ll snatch them all up in one sitting knowing it’ll be a good 6 months+ ’till I go clothes shopping again – if that. So when I find something awesome I try and get as much as I can while the fire’s hot!
- Most I ever spent: Probably around the $500 mark when I was getting my first “real” job and found out I couldn’t wear baggy jeans and sneakers anymore ;) I believe I picked up a cheap suit in there too, along with a handful of collared shirts and polo-like short sleeves. Thankfully that was the most I ever had to dress up at one of my jobs – I’m not so good at stuff like that.
- Bulk buying tip: Hmmm… Kinda hard for me to answer since we really don’t buy that much in bulk right now, but I will say that there are certain days of the week where stores will add up new sales. Particularly with thrift stores :) So if you’re ever in the market to buy a ton of bulks or cds or even clothes for that matter, make sure to call your favorite shop and ask what the current deals are for the week. If you hit it right you can walk away with 50% off or even $5.00 a bag full! Pretty huge savings for just a tiny bit of planning.
- Seacrest Hot Meter: 11 on the scale! D’uh.
Alright, your turn :) Tell us all your bulking secrets and how awesome you are at it! It won’t take a lot to beat me at the moment, but as soon as we pop out more kids I’m sure we’ll be bulking it up with the best of them. So share and be sexy!
PS: Want to learn more about your fellow readers? Check out the past few 5 For Fridays we’ve done:
[Photo by Caro Wallis]
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|