And the trading game has officially started :) One antique baby stroller traded up for more cash than I paid for it – woohoo!
(Yes I know I’m kinda cheating and that it’s more “cool” to trade up for other better objects instead, but me thinks the game works much faster and easier when you can turn it into cold hard cash as well ;) Plus, Lord only knows how long it would take for me to find someone who was desperate to come across an old a$$ pram for their collection, haha… so I’m allowing money into the rules here.)
Here’s how it went down play-by-play:
- Put stroller on Craigslist in the barter section. No bites.
- Changed it to “for sale” and started it at $150. 1 bite – scammer.
- Walked into two local pawn stores and showed them a picture of it. They laughed.
- Dropped it down lower to $75 on CL. 3 bites – scammers.
- Called my mom’s friend who works at an antique store to see if she wanted it – BITE! But only to be used as decoration and not flipped :( Her best offer was $20.00.
- Dropped it all the way down to $30 on CL figuring if I can get $20 might as well try and get $10 more? 2 bites! From real actual people too.
- First person flaked and never showed up (waste of 4 days communicating)
- Second one showed ASAP and handed me the 30 bucks. Along w/ her 15 mo. old daughter who was to die for! (We may have play dates in our future)
So, 5 weeks down and I’ve turned $12.00 into $30.00 – more than double the investment. Not too bad for round one! I know I could have gotten a lot more had I not lost patience and/or had more room in this new house to store it (the thing not only drove like a Cadillac, but it was as big as one too!), but it is what it is and it’s now enjoying a brand new family over there :) I can get down with that.
Now to turn $30.00 into $60.00! Anyone reading this have something awesome (and valuable) they want to sell me? Like something your significant other is just dying to get out of the house and can fit it in the mail? ;) No joke. Be a part of our game!
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.