Welcome to our 2nd round of Wallet Crashing! Last time you got a sneak peak of none other than Mr. J. Money‘s
wallet money clip, and this time I’m proud to show off the contents of personal finance expert and author, Jean Chatzky‘s bag! Apparently none of us use old fashioned wallets any more :)
For those not familiar with Jean, let me help pimp her out a bit. She’s been helping people manage their money for more than two decades, and has written a number of books on everything from money and happiness (The 10 Commandments of Financial Happiness) to women and money (Make Money, Not Excuses) to how to thrive in a tough economy (The Difference – one of the books in my own collection!). She’s been a columnist in publications such as Forbes, SmartMoney and Money Mag, partnered with Oprah a number of times, and is currently the financial editor of The Today Show.
We’re dealing with a legit personal finance’er here today, folks ;) And she’s recently launched a passion project of hers too, called Money School. A product that:
“Helps you take control of your money with simple, affordable, virtual classes that I’ll be teaching in real time. Each one-hour live class consists of a 45-minute lecture followed by 15 minutes of Q&A. Then, during the week following each class, the Money School team and I will host virtual “office hours,” so that you can ask any questions you didn’t get a chance to ask after the lecture (or that you didn’t think of until later).”
Click here to sign up and learn more: jeanchatzky.com/money-school – people are enjoying it so far.
But enough chitter chatter… Please to enjoy, the content of Jean Chatzky’s “tote” bag! A nice one I must add too, from Kate Spade (I pay attention to this stuff! I’m hip!). Pictures and words by Jean:
So — a couple of caveats. I don’t do the purse thing very often. If I do it’s because I’m going out for dinner and there’s very little in there save for a lipstick, driver’s license, credit card and some cash.
My tote is more interesting, so that’s what you’re seeing. Among the items you may not recognize:
- My wallet. I always have one with a zipper because I save receipts to track my spending and for expenses and I don’t want to lose anything.
- Credit cards (4). I have an American Advantage Mastercard — which I’ve had forever. I use it for just about everything, pay it off monthly, and take a nice trip once a year with the miles. I have an American Express Platinum as well. I use it to get into airline clubs and for hotel discounts. And I also have Amex for business. I also have a J. Crew card because I shop there often and like the rewards and special card member deals. But I never carry a balance.
- The white little box is migraine medicine.
- The white connector is called a dongle. If you give power point presentations enough with a Mac you know what this is and to never, ever travel without it — it makes the magic happen.
- The little pink iPod. This contains my music but also my books on tape. I run with them. Currently, I’m working my way through Michael Connelly’s Harry Bosch series.
Thanks for playing our silly game, Jean! Always fun peaking into other people’s things and seeing how they live a little :) Now whenever I hear anyone say “dongle” I’ll forever think of you, haha…
And there you have it! Jean Chatzky’s “things,” ladies and gentlemen…
What do you all think about those cards she uses? Anyone else have the same? Are you making sure to pay them off in FULL every month too?! I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again – if you can responsibly handle them they could be a savior. It’s one time WE can actually take advantage of the banks rather than the other way around!
Till next time, wallet crashers… Be easy.
PS: Click here to see all the wallet crashers we’ve done so far… a whopping two :)