[If you guessed sex, booze, and gambling, you'd be right ;)]
Saw this video on CNN about Apple stock and home ownership predictions for 2014 (more on that later), but then at the end it threw in a zinger on the people who get paid the MOST via tips at their jobs. Which is always fun to see for some reason? :)
And, as we all know, sin definitely sells.
Here are the top gigs that’ll get you the most tips (*per hour*), according to PayScale.com:
- Exotic dancers (aka strippers) @ $25.40/hour
- Game dealers (like in casinos) @ $12.80/hour
- Sommeliers (aka wine choosers) @ $10.10/hour
- Bartender (aka… umm.. bartender) @ $9.50/hour
- Musician @ $8.80
- Banquet Captain (?) @ $7.50
- Waiter @ $7.40
- Bar Manager @ $6.50
- Chauffeur @ $6.30
- Beautician @ $5.30
- Room Service @ $5.10
- Tattoo Artist @ $5.00
Prettying interesting. Not that it makes me want to change jobs or anything… Remember when bloggers used to have a Paypal “tip jar” in all their sidebars though? Cuz we all thought people would just love to donate money to us cuz our stuff was so life changing?? That was fun, haha… NOT. (If only it worked! ;))
CNN also shared Zillow’s thoughts in the video on what they predict for real estate in 2014:
- Home values will increase 3% on average. That would be good!! (Unless you’re a buyer)
- Mortgage rates will reach 5%. That would be not-so-good (unless you’re a saver, cuz it usually means interest rates on cash money will go up too – woo!)
- It’ll be *easier* to get mortgages. That would be good! (Unless it start’s forming another bubble again when lenders get all loosey goosey as they tend to do…)
- Homeownership rates will be the lowest in two decades. Hmm… Not sure how I feel about this one really. I’m definitely over owning a home myself, but for the general public I think it’s a wise thing. So, I guess this is bad?
Anyways, a few nuggets of info for you today… Perhaps you can use ‘em in one of your 84 meetings this week to impress the boss. Or, even better, score a date with that hot colleague of yours who also happens to be intellectually intimidating too!
Go get ‘em tiger, rawr.
Photo cred: brh_images