We haven’t done a 5 For Friday up in here in a while, nor one of our Hits and Misses series, so today’s post is kind of a concoction of both. Inspired by a
similar exact post done by the beautiful Cait over at Blonde On a Budget – one of the most sweet, and genuine, bloggers I know.
She’s always keeping it real over there, and I totally admire her for it even when (especially when!) she admits to not knowing what the hell she’s doing. Instead of hiding it like most of us do, she just throws it out there like her recent realization that she doesn’t know how to budget anymore! Love it!
Anyways, Cait inspired this post and the 5 questions below come directly off her site. I’ll be answering them first, and then I hope you guys will do so next. A fun little exercise to check up on each other and see how our goals/lives/money are doing lately. Here we go!
- What was the low of your week? Pretty much being overloaded by the max all week-long in terms of email, projects, partnerships, and anything else having to do with my online biz… I once tried to ignore my email for 5 hours straight, only to come back to 59 unreads afterwards – oof. Turns out those one-a-day habits have some consequences to them ;) All good problems to have, really, but it doesn’t come with any extra hours in the day which makes it challenging.
- What was the high? Seeing our beautiful and cozy baby!! Look at him up there just posing for y’all :) I cannot WAIT for that sucker to come out in May… my wallet can, but I cannot ;)
- What was a favorite article you read this week? This one on the difference between being good with money and bad with money, by a blog called Raptitude. It was in my “you might like” recommendations in Feedly (the new site I use to read everyone’s blogs now), and they couldn’t have been more right. It’s KICK ASS… And fully deserving of those capitals, too.
- What was the best money you spent all week? About $28 worth of plastic coin holder-thingies for my B collection. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with all the coins/currency I don’t really want (collection B) vs those I do (collection A) and after meeting with a fellow collector over coffee this week, I figured out the perfect plan. Collection A will remain in the snazzy cigar box I’ve been housing them in, and will be my “forever” box, while Collection B will be housed in a binder full of plastic sheets w/ holders (similar to baseball card collections) which I’ll use for trading/selling to get more stuff for Collection A :) So now rather than feeling like they’re wastes of coins, I now look at them as stepping stones to something awesome’er! And these new plastic sheets help fulfill this new plan. (Yes, I’m a nerd)
- What are your plans for this weekend? Probably a healthy mixture of playing with my coins, playing with my baby, and then scavenger hunting at a local flea market that I hear is popping up. And soon more of them will once Spring comes, huzzah!!! Can’t wait!
So that was my week! I rate it about a 97.6%… You? Where’d all your money/time go?
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and automated) way to save. Every day Digit analyzes your income and expenses and will push money aside for you any time it sees extra sitting there. I've saved over $4,000 myself using them so far! // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|