Here’s everything that went on this week, as well as other interesting (?) things on my mind ;)
Happy Friday, money lovers!!!
Best place my money went to this week: Those baby Air Jordans pictured above! Scored them for only $11 barely used, and now all the baby chickadees will fawn over our handsome little baller ;) (I hear they make you toddle faster too)
Worse place my money went: $25.95 for some blood work? We had a pretty good week money-wise, really. And I’d gladly pay $25 to know my liver is functioning okay any day!
The most *annoying* thing that happened: Having to log into all my accounts and update my new credit card info across the board :( USAA had shot us a new one a while back due to that whole Target hacking fiasco thing, and I finally got around to updating my stuff before our original card expired… A good precaution to have, of course, but man. Reminded me to finally make a list of *every single place* our card is being used at so I can avoid all loss of sanity and/or possible fees in the future! Not fun stuff, but a part of our fiscal life we have to deal with I suppose…
Some things I’ve flirted with this week:
- Keeping a $20 bill I found on the ground, very well knowing it was probably the kid’s ahead of me ;) (I wasn’t a jerk and I returned it, though what kid/human being is going to say “no” after asking them if “this is your money?” Haha…)
- Growing back my beard and/or handlebar ‘stache… I had shaved everything off a couple months ago for a nice change, but now – out of pure laziness – it’s grown back and at that stage again where you have to decide to go “all in” or get back to the baby face… Would you like to cast a vote one way or the other? (Note: it does save you some money ;))
- Starting a coin blog… Even though the last thing I need is to spend more time online.
Things currently on the horizon:
- Arrival of baby #2 – three months and counting!
- Filing taxes – Still waiting on some forms to come in before I can knock it out…
- Paying taxes – The worst part about filing them ;)
Favorite articles by ME (in case you missed ’em):
- What’s Your PF Score? @ Budgets Are Sexy
- The Blogger Net Worth Tracker @ Rockstar Finance
- How I Work @ Frugaling.org (Interview on me)
Favorite articles I’ve read lately:
- My BookCrossing Project @ See Jack Save
- Where Has All The Money Gone? @ Escaping Dodge
- Why You Can’t Get Ahead… Ever @ Afford Anything
- My Antworks Ant Farm! @ Budgeting in The Fun Stuff
- The Easiest Way To Track, Pay & Organize Your Bills @ Echoes of Laughter
The best thing I’ve watched all week: This “All My Money” Personal Finance Rap Video by the ListenMoneyMatters.com crew:
How was your week?
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.