Welcome to another riveting version of “You googled my what?“, along with our weekly roundup plus other random stuff I feel is important to share with you today :) Warning: I’ve drank WAY too much coffee already this morning.
First up…random stuff I feel is important to share with you!
- You guys are sexy.
- Verizon wireless sent me a check for $3.26 due to an “incorrectly calculated fee.” I haven’t had their service in over 3 years?! (But of course I’m keeping it!)
- USAA sent me our yearly c/c cash rebate. To the tune of $677.93 :) Free money for spending what I normally do anyways – the benefits of rockin’ plastic responsibly!
- I lost my USAA credit card this week… right after updating all my accounts due to that Target debacle the other month too! Ughhhhh… (what was I saying about using plastic responsibly?)
Next up, some interviews I’ve done recently that might help you (I’m an
attention marketing whore):
- An interview on building your dream lifestyle in your 20’s. (Thanks, Martin!)
- Another on 6-figure blogging – Podcast (Thanks, Austin!)
- A fun one on what the future of PF blogging holds (Thanks, Jim!)
- A snippet on getting the most bang for your budget (Thanks, Daily Worth!)
- And lastly, some keys to networking success (Thanks, Brazen Careerist!)
Next, You Googled my What?? (aka “weird stuff people search for to get to my blog” :) So so strange sometimes…)
- “3D seksy guy”
- “Protandim kill tumor”
- “Can get by on bologna and cereal?”
- “I HAVE HID THE BUDGET FROM MY HUBBY”
- “Guys saving money + girls + like + expectations”
- “What cell phone carrier works on guantanamo bay?”
- “How much does it cost groceries for asian family of 6?”
- “Things for guests to do during day at homeless shelters”
- “How does food trucks look in the in side with the fryer in it”
- “Show the picture up Nike collectible tennis shoes and value”
- “Bank pick up lines” (Here you go: “Can I give you a deposit?” ;))
- “How much would a star tatoo cost me in south africa?” (I dunno, but it cost me $90 in NYC)
- “Can you be arrested for ripping a dollar bill?” (Probably not, but try it and see what happens!)
- “If I leverage 1 million in assets am I no longer worth a million dollars?” (Correct)
And here is the weirdest article I read all week:
And then here are some congrats that are due!
- Congrats to Paula Pant for hitting her blog’s 3rd birthday! If you don’t read AffordAnything.com – you should! One of my all-time favorites, no joke.
- Congrats to Brad Chaffee who was featured in an NBC article for his hardcore stance on “not needing/caring about his credit score.” You might remember Brad from EnemyofDebt.com.
And also some giveaway winners that I never really publicized yet (oops). But of course, if you haven’t heard anything from me you’re probably not a winner ;)
- Eventual Millionaire Book (x2): Claire from “Eat Well. Party Hard.” and Courtney
- “Speaking on the Side” book: Jeff aka “A Terrible Husband”
- $5,000 “Live Rich/Spend Smart”: Jill Kathan
- $150 Valentine’s Card: Cedes
// End random-link-fest-love
[Awesome photo of Google Android’s Amigurumi by Kham Tran]
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.