Welcome to another riveting version of “You googled my what?“, along with our weekly roundup plus other random stuff I feel is important to share with you today :) Warning: I’ve drank WAY too much coffee already this morning.
First up…random stuff I feel is important to share with you!
- You guys are sexy.
- Verizon wireless sent me a check for $3.26 due to an “incorrectly calculated fee.” I haven’t had their service in over 3 years?! (But of course I’m keeping it!)
- USAA sent me our yearly c/c cash rebate. To the tune of $677.93 :) Free money for spending what I normally do anyways – the benefits of rockin’ plastic responsibly!
- I lost my USAA credit card this week… right after updating all my accounts due to that Target debacle the other month too! Ughhhhh… (what was I saying about using plastic responsibly?)
Next up, some interviews I’ve done recently that might help you (I’m an
attention marketing whore):
- An interview on building your dream lifestyle in your 20’s. (Thanks, Martin!)
- Another on 6-figure blogging – Podcast (Thanks, Austin!)
- A fun one on what the future of PF blogging holds (Thanks, Jim!)
- A snippet on getting the most bang for your budget (Thanks, Daily Worth!)
- And lastly, some keys to networking success (Thanks, Brazen Careerist!)
Next, You Googled my What?? (aka “weird stuff people search for to get to my blog” :) So so strange sometimes…)
- “3D seksy guy”
- “Protandim kill tumor”
- “Can get by on bologna and cereal?”
- “I HAVE HID THE BUDGET FROM MY HUBBY”
- “Guys saving money + girls + like + expectations”
- “What cell phone carrier works on guantanamo bay?”
- “How much does it cost groceries for asian family of 6?”
- “Things for guests to do during day at homeless shelters”
- “How does food trucks look in the in side with the fryer in it”
- “Show the picture up Nike collectible tennis shoes and value”
- “Bank pick up lines” (Here you go: “Can I give you a deposit?” ;))
- “How much would a star tatoo cost me in south africa?” (I dunno, but it cost me $90 in NYC)
- “Can you be arrested for ripping a dollar bill?” (Probably not, but try it and see what happens!)
- “If I leverage 1 million in assets am I no longer worth a million dollars?” (Correct)
And here is the weirdest article I read all week:
And then here are some congrats that are due!
- Congrats to Paula Pant for hitting her blog’s 3rd birthday! If you don’t read AffordAnything.com – you should! One of my all-time favorites, no joke.
- Congrats to Brad Chaffee who was featured in an NBC article for his hardcore stance on “not needing/caring about his credit score.” You might remember Brad from EnemyofDebt.com.
And also some giveaway winners that I never really publicized yet (oops). But of course, if you haven’t heard anything from me you’re probably not a winner ;)
- Eventual Millionaire Book (x2): Claire from “Eat Well. Party Hard.” and Courtney
- “Speaking on the Side” book: Jeff aka “A Terrible Husband”
- $5,000 “Live Rich/Spend Smart”: Jill Kathan
- $150 Valentine’s Card: Cedes
// End random-link-fest-love
[Awesome photo of Google Android’s Amigurumi by Kham Tran]
PS: Some of my favorite tools:
|Personal Capital (FREE) -- If you’re looking for a robust financial tracker, Personal Capital is the way to go! They’re like Mint, but on steroids and have much better tools for investment and net worth tracking. // Full review|
|Digit (FREE) -- A super easy (and lazy!) way to save. Sign up once and automatically start saving a few dollars every few days... Been hooked since day 1 and have already banked $4,000 myself :) // Full review|
|Acorns -- Having trouble finding money to invest? Check out Acorns – they round up all your transactions to the nearest $1.00 and drops the difference into an investment portfolio for you. Easy way to start investing! // Full review|