Last night I was in bed trying to get some reading in, but as usual my A.D.D. kicked up a notch and sent me over to my crazy iPhone (because I was an idiot and kept it under my pillow, when I know very well what happens when I do that! I swear, I don’t sleep with my phone ;)) Anyways, I didn’t want to do any work or answer emails or anything like that – we’re trying to have 1 hour of “unwinding” time before going to sleep now – so instead I went to the one site that always gives me some good entertainment: Craigslist.
Now usually I start out in the Best-of-Craigslist section just cuz it’s always so freakin’ hilarious, but this time I headed to the “et cetera jobs” section instead, is that weird? :) For some reason I just like seeing what the rest of the world is getting into these days – not that this particularly encompasses “average” America, of course, but still. Some of these jobs are just loony tunes! Though I’ll admit I’m kinda intrigued by the idea of some of them ;) If I had extra time on my hands, and didn’t have to worry about money much, I’d consider one or two of them. Would be fun!
Craigslist jobs that caught my attention:
- Fun in the sun with pets!!! — Every other gig was for dog walking :) Guess it’s in demand. Either that, or no one ever wants to do it so they have to keep searching! Haha… chances of me ever trying it out: 25%. I’m not good at taking care of animals. Or picking up poop with my hand, for that matter.
- OUTGOING FEMALES WANTED — Haha… Ummmm, no. Even if I WAS a chick. My favorite part: you have to be “height and weight proportional” to apply, haha…
- $75 for Your Experiences with Hepatitis C – This one is actually kosher if you have Hep C and want to help w/ research and what not. But only Craigslist will you find this! :)
- Ex-Inmates of the Prince George County Jail Wanted – Again, an easy way to make some fast money if you’ve experienced this.
- Parking Lot Attendant – Oh yeah, I’d be down for doing this one actually. Especially if it entailed me jumping into fancy cars ;)
- HELP Us Become Parents – Seeking Egg Donor $8,500 – Now, initially I wouldn’t think twice about doing this, BUT if it was indeed true and not a scam of some sort (And if I had eggs! haha…) I’d def. consider doing this. The money is great, but the idea that you could hep someone bring a life into this world? Cuz they can’t for whatever reason? That’s just incredible. Not an over-the-night decision, but after lots of research and talking it over I’d be up for it.
- Very Part Time-Easy: Check my mail for me – Now this I would TOTALLY do – even now! At least if I happened to live in his area. It would prove pretty wasteful checking someone’s mail every day and then calling them up to explain what’s in it if you lived pretty far away ;) You’d waste the $60 in gas alone! But seriously though – easy, right?
I could go on and on and on, but you get the point. There are a TON of avenues out there for anyone trying to make some extra cash on the side. You could even take on a new project or two every day, and then write a book about it! “The Craigslist Career!” haha… A new day, a new job or two? If you don’t come across the Craigslist Killer, you can make a good living out of it ;) And I’ll only take 10% of your royalties for giving you the idea. You’re welcome.
PS: Seriously though, be careful of weirdos and scammers on there.
(Photo by Chika)