I promised somebody a while ago that I’d list out some of the jobs I want to try some day, so here they are! Only 6 months late ;) I’m not sure how, or when, I’ll get the chance to try them all out, but in a perfect world I’ll eventually get to them – even if I don’t need the money. There’s something about each of these that just fascinates the pants off me. So the more I can try out, the better!
The 10 jobs I’d like to try some day – in no particular order:
- Starbucks Barista. What a shocker, right? It’s not like I have a whole category dedicated to them or anything ;) Or that I grand inquisitioned an employee just for a blog post.
- Bartender. I guess it seems I like serving people drinks. Haha…but seriously, how COOL would this be? Mixing my love of beer with my love for people? And bars! And night life!
- Barnes & Noble employee. There’s something calming about this to me. Being surrounded by all those books and happy coffee drinkers.
- Garbage Man (Waste Management Worker?). I think jumping on those trucks and working outside like that would be refreshing. Not in smell, of course, but just working my muscles and getting all manly. It’s much easier to explain than blogging for a living too.
- Nurse. Just call me the next Gaylord Focker! I would love to make a difference in someone’s life, and workin’ at a hospital seems to be a great way to do that.
- The Bachelor. Haha….the wife added this one in. Apparently I say my thoughts out loud during every show ;)
Full-Time Blogger.It’s getting closer every month! (I’m doing this now!!! WOO!!!)
- Banker. I know this might get boring overtime, but I REALLY really want to be a banker one day. In fact, it would be cool to start at the very bottom (not sure what position that is?) and then work my way up through the ranks. I bet I’d learn a helluva lot.
- Professional Poker Player. Or even decent poker player for that matter :) I don’t have to be as good as my friend, but it would be cool to be able to live off my winnings.
Charity Founder.This is the newest one on the list, inspired by a few recent events and life ponderings. If I could pull this off I’d be very impressed with myself. (DONE! We launched Love Drop! (not a charity, but damn close))
So yeah, we’ll see what happens down the road, but we have enough to keep us busy that’s for sure. Figured I could always shoot for a “one job a week” project under the premise of writing a book or something too ;) Maybe even a blog series? I bet I could finagle that if I really tried hard enough.
How about you guys? Any fun or interesting jobs on your to-do list?
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!