Yep, I have succumbed to social media and agreed to do a meme today. At first I wasn’t too keen on the idea, but after getting tagged in Facebook, Myspace, and then (to my surprise) the PF world here, I figured why not?
Sure this is a finance blog, but it’s also a “personal” finance one too – so I suppose dishing the dirt on myself kinda sorta fits in here ;) So this one’s for you Kristy @ Master Your Card!
But rather than doing a kosher “here’s 25 things about me”, I figured you’d rather hear 25 “random & odd” things about me. Makes it more interesting, right? And if you could care less (I wouldn’t blame ya) check out my interview over at Studenomics today! My man did a great job – thanks bro :)
Alrighty – Buckle up your seatbelts kids, here we go:
- I eat macaroni & cheese with mustard.
- I’ve moved over 30+ times in my life. (military kid + ants in my pants)
- I often feel the need to give everyone High Fives when i’m drinking.
- I’m addicted to reality tv shows.
- Sometimes I say I like all music except country, but deep down i really DO like country ;)
- I get asked at LEAST once a week if I’m in a band….and everytime i consider lying and saying I am. Actually, once I got mistaken for some lead singer I’ve never heard of, and when asked for my autograph I gave it. no harm in that right?
- Sometimes I think it would be cool to try every single drug out there just once so I know what it’s about…and then other times I wanna punch myself in the face for thinking that.
- My favorite alcoholic drink are Long Island Iced Teas, followed by Bailys on ice.
- I once flew to The Mall of America for the day, and then flew back hours later. Much easier to do when you work for the airlines ;)
- I get really competitive when playing Kickball.
- I have the memory of a goldfish.
- I really hate it when people are mean for the sake of being mean.
- I’ve had my hair dyed blue, green, purple, red, orange, and platinum. And once I even tried growing dreads, which really turned out to look like little worms hanging around.
- i often write like a little kid just to see if it matters.
- I thought doing this list would be quick and easy. It’s not so easy, and I’ve spent 30 mins so far.
- Mrs. Budgetsaresexy and i met at a bar. She asked me where the bathroom was, and I told her. I then asked her to dance and she said no….but my dance moves must have been pretty sweet as she was lured back in ;)
- We have a cat who likes to dig through my spare change jar, and then throw the coins all over our bedroom floor.
- I almost got arrested once while hosting a “hugs and thugs” party in college…turns out answering the door for the police while brandishing a fake gun and a beer in your hand doesn’t go over too well. (the ladies of the house were able to woo over the officer)
- I once went to an audition for American Idol. You know that rocker guy who got through last night? that wasn’t me….
- Sometimes I wonder how i’ve kept this blog going for so long since I usually hate writing.
- I would spend $5.00 for a banana if I had to.
- I can’t stand the word “gnarly” – esp. when used to describe something positive.
- I don’t understand why guys get tongue rings?
- I have the most loving and understanding family in the whole world, which can be somewhat strange considering my father is an ex-Marine.
- If i were ever to win the lottery, I’d randomly mail out crisp $100 bills around town.
And I’m spent….that was alot harder than i thought! I know I’m supposed to forward this along to some other bloggers out there, but instead I urge you just to do it if the mood strikes you :) But be sure to let link back so we can
stalk you check it out! Till next time brothers & sisters…Moneyyyyyy OUT.
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!