It’s growing up before our eyes, *tear*! So crazy how time flies, eh? I think it’s officially an old man ;) Everyone knows that a blogging year is equal to like 20 “real” ones, haha… even more than doggy years! So it’s quite the achievement indeed for me. Especially as someone with massive A.D.D. and real non-love of writing, haha….(well, I DO enjoy getting my *thoughts* out, but I genuinely hate all the editing and sentence structuring and blah blah blah… while it looks like all these posts were done in 15 or 20 min. windows, I $hit you not when I say it probably took HOURS. Even this one took me 3 ;) Crazy, huh?)
But of course it’s been 100% worth it, and it’s made for one helluva ride so far. And before I can even say another word further, I have to formally thank each and every one of you for your continued support you’ve showed me from day 1. I honestly, truly, appreciate every last email and comment and tweet and everything else you’ve done to help grow this community with me, and there’s no way in hell I’d be here without you guys! So THANK YOU thank you THANK YOU!!! It’s the best thing you could ever give me :)
And now, a quick stroll through memory lane… four years ago we were…
- Getting 5 people a day coming to the blog (our actual birthday was on Feb 12, 2008)
- And only a few people leaving comments, across our dozen or so posts…
- With maybe 10 people signed up to our feed.
- Blaring Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake while I blogged (hence, where “Budgets Are Sexy” came from – cuz I was bringing BUDGETS back, baby!)
- Working at a start-up watching my CEO blow through millions of dollars a year
- Engaged to be married to my now wife, and future mother of my child!
- 20 pounds lighter and still partying it up like it was 1999.
- Clueless you could even MAKE money online.
- And overall just floating through life with no real game plan whatsoever…
And now, 4 years later…
- We have over 3,000+ people a day coming to the site!
- With over 23,000 comments being made, across 1,400 blog posts…
- And 5,000+ signed up to our feed, with another 10,000 following on Twitter.
- While I blare Bob Marley and Mumford & Sons to help stream my thoughts away :)
- And my old 9-5 now bankrupt, almost bringing down everyone else with them…
- But not before I escaped to blog full-time! And now VERY much know you can make money online!
- And that there is WAY more to life than just money and beer! (Though they certainly do help ;))
This blog is proof that you can accomplish stuff if you really pour your heart into it. And if you do a good job surrounding yourself with like-minded people (aka, you guys!). No big project can be completed alone, so whatever you’re working on, be sure to ask others for help and continue seeking out that knowledge – no matter what challenges get in the way. You are your #1 fan, and if you don’t believe in yourself no one will! So keep pushing forward! We all love you and want you to succeed!
If you ever need anything at all, please just give me a shout – my door is always open to you. You have literally changed my life, and I thank you all so very very much! To another 4 years!
(Photo by C G-K. Doodles by J$)
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!