Hidey-ho neighbors! I hope your holidays were just as sexy as all your budgets this week :)
I had a most FANTASTIC time hanging with my families and watching Baby Money experience his first Christmas – I want to do it all over again!!!
But since we can’t do that, I figured we could at least re-visit some of the joys from the week and talk about all those crazy good (and not so good) presents you may have received this year. Feel free to comment anonymously if you’re afraid to answer question #2, haha…
Here we go…
- What was the best gift you got for Christmas this year?
- What was the worst gift?
- What was the best gift you GAVE someone this Christmas?
- Did you re-gift any of your old gifts?
- Outside of presents, what was your favorite part of the holiday?
I’ll answer first, and then it’s your turn:
- Best Gift: Hmm… this one’s close because I got a TON of awesome gifts this year, especially in the coin department which I was thrilled about!, but if I had to choose one I’d say it’s a tie between two, haha… A bracelet my dad gave me which is usually unlike him (making it even MORE special), and a picture my wife gave me of the baby and I sleeping next to each other head-to-head. I freakin’ love that little nugget!
- Worst Gift: The worst gift I got this week was a book that I had already owned. So bad in that department, but spot on with what I obviously like ;) And now I get to return it and pick up something else which in a way makes it one of the best gifts! Haha… so did I cheat w/ this one?
- Best Gift I gave: I’m gonna venture to say it was this old antique tea cart I picked up for my mom 5 months ago when she had spotted it at my consignment shop but didn’t want to spend the money… She had talked about it for DAYS afterward, always wondering if she should have just sucked it up and bought it (she lives out of town), and when I went back to the shop for something unrelated I saw that not only was it still t here, but it was on sale at 30% off! So I quickly snatched it up and had been holding onto it since ;) The best part was that after a few weeks of initially seeing it, my mom had called and asked me if I thought it was still there and I told her that it wasn’t, so someone must have bought it, hehe…. Which is the truth! I did! You should have seen the look on her face when she opened it up :)
- Re-Gift? We actually didn’t re-gift any of our old gifts this year, probably for the first time in a while, haha, but we DID receive a re-gift!! And do you want to know how we *knew* it had been re-gifted? Because we had given the exact same gift to THEM last year!! They re-gifted to the original gifter – the ultimate sin! Haha… It was pretty hilarious…
- Favorite Part: My favorite part hands down was celebrating the holidays with our baby for the first time, and realizing that WE are now Santa from now on! It’s so strange and so wonderful at the same time :) And watching my family (especially my mom!) play with him and take care of him throughout the week was equally as exciting to watch. We have a new family member to celebrate with going forward! :)
Lots of joy and excitement this year for sure. And I can only hope that 2013 will bring more of the same. Now your turn to play the game! How did your gifting turn out in the end? What was your favorite part of the holidays? Answer the questions above in the comments!
Happy weekend, everybody :)
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!