Being at the beach all week, I’ve done a pretty good job of not obsessing about money. Sure I’ve blogged about it and done the usual calculations in my head whenever I went to buy something to make sure it was worth it, but outside of that my mind’s been a blank canvas when it comes to scheming. I even went a few days without logging into my bank account, if you can believe that! :)
So needless to say this vacation is doing the trick. And because that’s so, it’ll be easier for me to answer today’s 5 For Friday questions that I just so happened to write a month ago and now find them worthy of picking back up ;) If any of you caught the post on Clever Dude a while back, it was Brock’s frustration of always thinking about money that prompted ’em. I’m sure you all can relate:
“Do you ever get sick of paying attention to your finances? Tired of planning your spending and tracking every dollar? Yeah, me too.”
And then he goes on about a recent experience that happened with him…
So in light of all that, here are today’s 5 For Friday questions. I’ll answer them first, and then it’ll be your turn to spill your guts and tell us what’s been rollin’ around those minds of yours ;) Perhaps you’ll be in a money-free zone too?”
- When was the last time you *REALLY* thought about money?
- When was the last time you STOPPED thinking about money?
- What’s your biggest financial concern right now?
- How old were you when you started paying attention to this stuff?
- What prompted you to start?
- *BONUS* What do you think about more: Money or Sex? ;)
Here are my answers:
- Last time thinking about money: The last time I REALLY thought hard about money, outside of the usual day-to-day unavoidable stuff, was alllll last month (July), alllll the month before (June), and most definitely the entire month of May too. It’s kinda hard not to when you’re planning such huge life events all around you, haha… So this was a week I needed drastically :)
- Last time STOPPED thinking about money: Well that’s an easy one now – this entire week! But it most certainly wasn’t the case a few weeks back when I first drafted up those q’s.
- Biggest financial concern: Probably my businesses imploding and losing all our income. A very unlikely thing to happen, but regardless it’s taking up the #1 spot in my “worries” list right now when it comes to finances. I think last month’s perfect storm really took a toll on me, and I’m looking forward to starting again here fresh when we’re back from the beach over the weekend. I’ve got a few ideas up my sleeves that I think really has some good potential.
- How old: Oh man, this is gonna sound bad, but I really didn’t pay much attention to money at all until about 6 months before starting this blog, haha… I wasn’t ever really *bad* with it and never got in trouble or anything, but on the flip side I wasn’t really saving or building much up either. I liken myself to being a log on a lazy river just going wherever the currents took me. And just so happened to be lucky enough not to cross any waterfalls! :) The thing that finally snapped me into reality? Oh, buying a house. It’s funny how that happens…
- What prompted me to start: Oh, buying a house ;) (I’m one step ahead of myself here!)
- *BONUS*: I don’t want to answer this one! Haha… but if I have to (and of course I do), then I guess I’m gonna put it out there and say money. Wha wha wha… But in all honesty that’s mainly due to my j-o-b over here. You take that out of the picture and I’d reckon they’d be neck and neck crossing that finish line! At least when it comes to the weekends, haha… (Bow chicka wha wha!)
Whew, tough Q’s today… Making me think on my day off like that, what a lame boss I have! Your turn though… Be as open and honest with yourselves as you can! It’ll make it that much more entertaining for the rest of us to read today, haha…
And all kidding aside, give your brain a money break every now and then :)
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!