Let’s talk about cars today. What kinds you’re driving, what kinds of money you’re spending – all that good stuff. It’s been a while since I’ve shared the love for my Caddy (the last post wasn’t so hot) so this one’s for all you car lovers out there. Round 7 of Five For Friday starts now, bitch! ;)
- What car are you sportin’? (If you have two, tell us about both. If you have three, what do you do for a living??)
- How much did you pay for it?
- How much is it worth NOW? (Hit up KBB if you don’ t know)
- How much do you pay for insurance? (you can guestimate)
- Why did you choose that one in particular?
- *BONUS* Your car gets totaled, and insurance gives you $25,000 for a new car. What would you get? (You have to spend the money on a car, you can’t spend it on debt or savings or anything – nice try ;))
As always, your master of ceremonies will go first:
- My car:1993 Cadillac Deville. Cherry red w/ fake-top convertible and tan leather interior. Big Ballin’ baby! (If I were ever to shop at Whole Foods, I’d be blaring rap like that video above too! But sadly they’re too expensive for my blood, and my boat of a car would never fit in their parking spots).
- Price of my car: $3,100, bargained down from $3,400 – which was previously dropped down from $5,000 (It was pimped out w/ stereos, flat-screen navs, the works.) We stripped it all except for the exhaust and remote-start engine, and then I slapped it on my credit card (I used one of those checks they send you). USAA was having a special that month, and since my interest rate was so low anyways, it was MUCH cheaper for me to use my credit card than actually take out a loan! Haha… and of course I didn’t want to touch my cash reserves just yet ;) So I paid it off within 6 months I believe, and paid a mere 3.4% the entire time. Pretty crazy.
- Value now: $2,695. Which includes swapping out a tape deck w/ a cd player ;) Haha… Not too shabby after owning it for 3 years!
- Insurance: $42.00 :) The perks of driving ghetto and having a clean record!! That, and not being 21 anymore – haha… Oh, and my deductibles are $200 per event.
- Why I picked it: Cuz it’s dope! And it’s old! So I don’t have to worry about scratches or dents or anything else that used to freak me out when I owned a newer car :) And having no car payments is just heavenly.
- *Bonus*: Well first, that would be bananas cuz my car isn’t even worth a TENTH of that, haha… But I’d happily take it and go out and buy a barely used (we’re talking 6 months here) Mercedes C300 Sport. Arctic White and heavy on the sex appeal ;) I’d then pay the rest I owe out of pocket and finally have my dream car. Well, my “somewhat achievable dream car” I should say. I’d take a Ferrari over that any day.
YOUR TURRRRRRRRRRRRRRN! Whatcha riding, and whatcha paying for it?
(Shout out to Sarah for forwarding over that vid above – hilarious!)
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!