I’ve had some pretty good run-ins with money this week, as well as some not-so-fun ones, so I thought we’d take some time to divulge some of these with with y’all, and then see how YOUR weeks went over there :) Money never sleeps even when we think we’re on top of it all!
Here were the best deals of the week for me:
- Buying my new pair of shades! $9.99 from TJMax and 1/10th of the pair I bought 2 months ago that I regretted and ended up selling on Craigslist ;) Turns out cheaper glasses make me happier!
- Selling my dumb Oakleys on Craigslist! Haha… that counts as a “deal” right? Even if I only got $65 in cash instead of the $100 I paid for them? I loved the way they looked, but man, just didn’t feel “right” whenever I tried wearing them. And I couldn’t return them either since I bought them at an airport I never frequent! (Me = dumb) But now I’ve replaced them AND have an extra $55 to boot!
- Going on that road trip earlier this week! We spent about $100 on gas and snacks/tips/etc, but nothing clears the mind like some quick ocean visits with the family! The best use of money in my opinion, I love it :) Which reminds me – don’t forget to enter our iPod Shuffle giveaway!)
And here were the worst ones:
- Getting a $40 speeding ticket :( I took a different route in our neighborhood, and right as the wife told me to slow down we see this big shiny flash go off and I just knew right then and there I had gotten busted. Arghh… but always better than getting pulled over by the police! And getting points on the license! You can bet I drove like a granny for the rest of the week after that too, haha…
- Getting dinged a $5.00 late fee on our cell phone bill :( The first one I’ve gotten in a good 2-3 years! And we even have it automated!! Only problem was that our credit card had been replaced (stupid scammers!) and within the 5 days of us getting the new one and updating our accounts, the bill had hit and got us when we weren’t looking… and then I assumed the next automated pull would just take care of *both* charges and I was dead wrong – it just carried right on over into the next cycle. So I called and made sure everything was paid up 100%, and used this as another reminder to myself that we STILL need to pay attention to things even when they’re automated!
Nothing TOO crazy overall in either department, but it’s always good to watch out for these kinda things and make sure nothing stays recurring where we don’t really want them to be :) Even though we’re all gonna make mistakes here and there no matter how hard we try!
How did you guys do this week? Anything juicy happen to you on one side or the other? Anyone make it out with bucket fulls of cash? :)
(Photo by davidsonscott15)
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!