I cannot freakin’ believe it. It seems like just the other day I was buggin’ Clever Dude & Mapgirl for some blogging tips at over drinks ;) I even remember my very first commenter – Chicky from Chicky Finance! (remember her?). Two years of writing almost every single day, crazy man.
And I’m still just as excited today as I was 2 years ago. A bit more busier (like, 10x more!), but it’s been completely worth it. Every single day. All your comments, tweets, emails, guest posts – everything continues to inspire me and keep me on track, esp. financially. You think twice about spending crazily when you know you’ll be blogging about it later!
So this achievement is more about you guys than me, because without you I’d have been long gone by now ;) No one likes talking to the wall! haha…and while I may or may not blog full-time down the road, I can honestly say I’m 100% happy with what we’ve accomplished up to this point. Everything forward is just gravy. Here are some interesting stats over the years:
- Budgets Are Sexy has over 765 posts.
- Gathering over 5,000 comments!
- We’ve had one site redesign.
- And recently hit 1/2 Million page views! (Damn)
- Been featured on the front page of MSN, on Consumerist, LA Times & even a magazine!
- Even better, our net worth has more than doubled from $58,000 to $138,000.
- Courtesy of wiping out all debt (except mortgages), and maxing out 401(k).
- And I’ve somehow kept my anonymity?!
- And more importantly, my job ;)
Who knows what will happen over the next 2 years, but from our very first post to today’s, it’s been an incredible journey and I can’t wait to keep on going! You all are brilliant and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. THANK YOU thank you THANK YOU!
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!